The French

pavman

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Im sure the military issue wont have any direct effect on us on a day to day basis. If we are commenting on the french, well, what can i say? All the French people ive met seem ok when they are here, yet became very rude when i was in france. This is something i never forgot.

This thread has become absurdly funny.

If you Google "garlic eating s" Google will auto complete the form with the suggestion of "garlic eating surrender monkey" and wey hey you are presented with a plethora of websites about all things French.

I don't think Mr. Google is racist, however, I reckon he's now in for a very stiff letter from the West Country... :angry:

Edited by Mungler

Ever considered a career in diplomacy Fisherman? :angry:

Yes I did consider joining the Diplomatic Corps...

Calm down Frenchieboy....that short Gallic fuse is starting to burn .... Im not be-littling your Fathers achievements My grandfather too was decorated in the first war and I have several of his campaign medals including Gallipolli where he fought with the Gloucester Hussars

Ive got nothing against the French I have a couple of proper French friends....but lets be honest when it comes to anything English they have a real chip on their shoulders....going back as far as 1337.

Getting back to the original post...

I cant see any benefit for the British Navy in such an agreement or more importantly British Commerce or Industry at a time when investment is desperately needed. Only the French have anything to gain from such a brokerage.

If you consider that we are a sea fairing nation and the Wealth of these isles was built on the great British Ship Building prowess of the past...we cant even build a Cunard liner in this country now and that is a travesty in my opinion.

And I will never forget what the French public did to the British farmers during the BSE chrisis quickly either, particularly a close friend who was ruined.

i found these 2 quotes funny, apologies in advance frenchi!!

"The only time France wants us to go to war is when the German Army is sitting in Paris sipping coffee." —Regis Philbin

"Going to war without France is like going deer hunting without your accordion." —Norman Schwartzkopf

I will tell you what's classic pw - everyone piling in.

You've got it spot on there, typical wolf pack - No, maybe I am wrong there, it's more like sheep that just follow each other because they cant find a direction of their own to go in!

Many of them of them might be better off with the BNP than they are with PW.

The Norsemen :angry: (Not the French)

wrong,they were Normans william was born and bred in france as were the vast majority of the "normans" the viking heritage of pagan warriors was just about gone totally by the year 1000 at which time they were nearly all french soil bred christians .

take that as a "must do better"

KW

You've got it spot on there, typical wolf pack - No, maybe I am wrong there, it's more like sheep that just follow each other because they cant find a direction of their own to go in!

dont let it bother you like they say you cant educate pork.

KW

Steady on Frenchy The BNP??

Thats a bit out of order. Taking the Micky out of our French Cousins is one thing....but ..... :innocent::lol::good:

Cumon you habve to admit the French are fair game for the English when it comes to a bit of winding up.....

You ******* do it to the Belgians all the time :angry: