Can anyone recommend a hide?

955i

Hi all, I have started to get irritated at not being able to shoot relatively large areas of my farmers land due to very low or non-existent hedges meaning there is nowhere to hook netting to and no real way of getting complete cover where there is some possibility.

Figured the best way would be to get a pop-up hide thingy but not sure which to get.

Would ideally like big enough for 2 to shoot comfortably, lightweight and most importantly cheap!!

Anyone tried/own any of these things who can recommend or advise to avoid, along with any pluses or minuses?

Thanks

have always thought pop-ups to be more in line with rifle shooters, as theres normally a roof of some description in pop-ups, ok for rifles, but not for shotguns, why not just use poles and netting, Ive seen this type of hide set up many times before, even in the middle of an open field, after all, pigeons still decoy in when theres straw bale hides in the center

01122009340.jpg

Edited by stubby

I've used many things, pallets, pig arks, bales what ever is around.

If you stick a pop up hide that has not been around pigeons seem to know this is out of place so you have to have a really attractive pattern. I don't like them I prefer to make my own from net and hide poles these allows me to build it big enough for all my kit and dogs etc I can add a roof or part roof.

Very often it is a bit of suck it and see.

Edited by beltabout

i have one of those double chair hides (off fleabay), plenty of room for two people and the dog can sit up front. you do have restricted vision as you cant see behind or above you ,but you have a good view of your pattern. it packs away in seconds and is light to carry. :good: bad point is they are a bit pricey . kev

A big Fishing brolly could be the way ahead. They Keep the wind and rain off and are relatively cheap and transportable. Mine is Blue :hmm: but sling a camo net over it and it works fine.It's also got a hole in the top whereby you can thread a piece of rope through the top and anchor it down. It's oldish now and made by Dave Docwra who is a local fishing hero around these parts.It's also got side flaps that can be helpful to keep it secure, all you need to do is put earth on top and everything is nice and cosy.

Mine (or Docwra's) is a 60 incher :lol: :lol: :good: :good:

Edited by Whitebridges

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have just bought a TP hide from "Bushwear" (They are on line),.I put this up for the 1st time this week ,,I was surprised how much room there is inside,,Room for two guys ,or one man and his dog,,Waterproof,Sit down to shoot,(Bring your own seat),(I use a swivel seat bucket)..And putting it back in its bag is easy,,Just follow the video instruction..Pop up hide takes me 12 seconds to erect and peg..One tip ,if you are out in open fields, throw a net or two over the hide ,just for good measure..£49.99 ..Good luck m8..