Decoy Kit Bags

otherwayup

Hi,

I've come to the conclusion that a Pigeon Magnet/Rotary is a must have, and so I'll need one of those Decoy Kit Carry Everything type bags.

There are several on Ebay.

Does anyone have any advice/experience on any particular ones to avoid?

Most seem to have a least one long pocket for hide poles/rods so I assumed this is a must, but the Jack P one doesn't, so maybe not.

Cheers, Darren.

Hi Darren...I have one of these massive bags...from ******...75 ltr and price is only £27... :good:

Bought it second hand off here, and its fantastic, holds loads of FB deeks (up to 30 or more..), camo net, the flapper and two sets of hide poles, as it's got two pockets for them...

Very hard wearing too... :good:

Cant fault it at all... :yes:

Edited by Teal
Advertising companies that compete with our paying sponsors, is not allowed.

The £27 one on the site with a .uk added is the Jack P one. I didn't realise it has pockets, the description doesn't mention them.

Do you mean that one?

Check fishing tackle sites as they need long bags for their rods etc.

Terry

Edited by bakerboy

Same here ! Good to place all the gear in but how far do you walk ? as I did the silly thing and loaded with the lot, Magnet, 24 shell decs, Net , hide poles, 17ah battery , 100 carts and when I stood up the straps burst at the attachments because they were made of plastic ! :good: so changed for a four quick links and hey presto on me back and god this is heavy came over as a thought :good: but you know alls in bag bar the gun.

The £27 one on the site with a **** added is the Jack P one. I didn't realise it has pockets, the description doesn't mention them.

Do you mean that one?

Hiya, The one I have originally came from ******************...:)Its VERY light, and VERY tough...well worth the £7.50 I paid for it...:blush:

Heres a wee pic mate..

deekbag002.jpg

Be wary of buying one big bag to put all your equipment in, it can end up being very bulky, heavy and difficult to carry.

I prefer two or three smaller bags that are easier to sling over your shoulders, distributing the weight better and allow you greater flexibility on what you actually take with you.

I went through the process of lugging every bit of decoying equipment I owned with me to the hide (just incase), I stopped doing that years ago.

Be wary of buying one big bag to put all your equipment in, it can end up being very bulky, heavy and difficult to carry.

I prefer two or three smaller bags that are easier to sling over your shoulders, distributing the weight better and allow you greater flexibility on what you actually take with you.

I went through the process of lugging every bit of decoying equipment I owned with me to the hide (just incase), I stopped doing that years ago.

Good advice there...One day when I was out after Geese, I had almost everything in my posession for shooting geese in my massive ex army Bergen....all was ok going over the fields till I got to the swampy bit, right in past my knees, it was 6am, dark, and minus 3 degrees....god that was a very cold shivery day!!!! :good:

:good:

i now use a bucket seat with a swivel lid, and some smaller bags, if i am only out for a few hours i can get most of my gear into the bucket seat

Good advice there...One day when I was out after Geese, I had almost everything in my posession for shooting geese in my massive ex army Bergen....all was ok going over the fields till I got to the swampy bit, right in past my knees, it was 6am, dark, and minus 3 degrees....god that was a very cold shivery day!!!! :good:

Just imagine how hard the walk back would have been, if you had shot a few geese and had to carry them. :hmm:

I use an old fishing rucksack for my deeks and cart etc, and a quiver rod holdall which is a 3/4 size of a normal holdall for all my poles bouncer rods and pigeon magnet.

You can pick them up very cheap on flea bay.

regards

Geoff

What a great idea :good: Ive got an old fox quiver in the garage that will be perfect for poles, net , bouncers etc.

Yet again PW comes up trumps :yes: :thumbs: :thanks:

What a great idea :good: Ive got an old fox quiver in the garage that will be perfect for poles, net , bouncers etc.

Yet again PW comes up trumps :yes: :thumbs: :thanks:

I have just purchased (from a pigeon watch member) a collapsible wheel barrow to carry my bits and pieces,it fits in the boot of the car no problem, it will also act as a seat in the hide, nice useful bit of kit.

bakerboy

Hiya, The one I have originally came from ******************...:)Its VERY light, and VERY tough...well worth the £7.50 I paid for it...:blush:

Heres a wee pic mate..

deekbag002.jpg

I sold Norrie that bag, glad your getting good use from it :good: . It was good, but when it was full, I always found the shoulder straps a bit wide apart to the point where they would slip off my shoulders after a long trudge across the fields. They were also a bit narrow and unpadded

I have since bought a Jack Pyke version which is superb. It's even bigger than that one (same height but wider) and is made from heavier duty material which seems really tough and hard wearing. It also has proper padded, adjustable bergen style shoulder straps. It really is a high quality bit of kit. My only gripe would be, it's so big it encourages you to take all the gear you don't really need!

Edited by Blunderbuss

I sold Norrie that bag, glad your getting good use from it :good: . It was good, but when it was full, I always found the shoulder straps a bit wide apart to the point where they would slip off my shoulders after a long trudge across the fields. They were also a bit narrow and unpadded

I have since bought a Jack Pyke version which is superb. It's even bigger than that one (same height but wider) and is made from heavier duty material which seems really tough and hard wearing. It also has proper padded, adjustable bergen style shoulder straps. It really is a high quality bit of kit. My only gripe would be, it's so big it encourages you to take all the gear you don't really need!

Can you confirm if the Jack P bag has any separate pockets, for hide poles etc?

Thanks,