Anyone else into bikes??

foxbuster

Hey up everyone.

Heads up for all you bikers out there- just been on YouTube watching Rossi doing his first testing on the Duke, god that Desmo sounds cool (and dont it look mean with unpainted carbon fibre?)!!

Hope he kicks that little whipper snappers **** next season! :good:

my mate introduced me to motogp sunday .

can honestly say i was hooked .

if it aint the nutty riders its the nutty comentaters keeping you on the edge of yr seat ,

saw bbc coverage of testing this morning , and yep that black carbon flying machine looked and sounded nuts !

Havent seen the vid yet, but I cant wait for him to get out on that next season - it's an italian's wet dream and you can be sure he knows that and will fight hard to take the No 1 spot again.

Imagine the party in Italy if he won the championship on that bike, it's last for weeks.

AB

my mate introduced me to motogp sunday .

can honestly say i was hooked .

if it aint the nutty riders its the nutty comentaters keeping you on the edge of yr seat ,

saw bbc coverage of testing this morning , and yep that black carbon flying machine looked and sounded nuts !

Doh!! You telling me it was on bbc??? Didnt realise :) Trust me mate-Sundays race wasnt that good compared to some, check out 'Rossi v Stoner in Laguna Seca'-now that was a race :good:

Eurosport are showing highlights of the test on Friday at 4.45 I think. Eurosport commentators are the best, Toby Moody, Julian Rider and Neil Spalding all know their stuff - all worth following on Twitter as well as they offer all sorts of titbits of info!

Been a Rossi fan for ages and being a Ducati owner, this is like the best thing! Bike looked good in black but looks better in red...!

Haven't followed it for a few years - was a big foggy fan.

Hypothetically - Mano el Mano - foggy v rossi? I would bet on foggy

as I think he was a fantastic rider, the quicker he rode the slower he

looked, so composed.

Haven't seen much of the doctor in recent years - always looked class

in the past - think it would be an interesting race.

looked, so composed.

You serious???

Rossi would blow Foggy into the weeds! Why do you think Foggy didnt go to gp-cos he would have got his butt spanked! Carl was good at what he did e.g he was the best of the wsb guys at the time (on the best bike)-not of all time, moto gp is where the best guys in the world go, Foggy would never have cut it.

You serious???

Rossi would blow Foggy into the weeds! Why do you think Foggy didnt go to gp-cos he would have got his butt spanked! Carl was good at what he did e.g he was the best of the wsb guys at the time (on the best bike)-not of all time, moto gp is where the best guys in the world go, Foggy would never have cut it.

Foggy did have a stint on gp bikes in 1990 filling in for frankie chili best result was 6th

he also raced in the british gp in '93 doohan, barros and schwantz crashed out early foggy should have got 3rd but ran out of fuel and rolled over the line 4th

technology has come a long way since foggy retired so rossi vs foggy on a moto gp bike rossi hands down where as on a 916 wsb and foggy at his prime then foggy would win

Foggy did have a stint on gp bikes in 1990 filling in for frankie chili best result was 6th

he also raced in the british gp in '93 doohan, barros and schwantz crashed out early foggy should have got 3rd but ran out of fuel and rolled over the line 4th

technology has come a long way since foggy retired so rossi vs foggy on a moto gp bike rossi hands down where as on a 916 wsb and foggy at his prime then foggy would win

Think we'll have to agree to disagree on this one, suppose its like that age old 'who was the greatest boxer' question :hmm: Everyone will have their own opinion-one of those things we'll never know for sure as the two of them will never race head to head. :good:

looked, so composed.

Rossi would slaughter Foggy.

The only reason Foggy never went to GP was he knew he'd get shown up.

Rossi on a Duke will be great, No one can develope a bike like him.

Foggy was a great rider, but most world superbike riders (Scott Russell, Troy Corser, Collin Edwards) who beat / gave foggy a run for his money that then had stints in 500cc / Moto GP did not make the grade.

However 500cc riders going to WSB like John Kocinski (who nearly won at his first attempt) eventually became champions.

So as good as he was he was not the ‘greatest’ Rossi definitely is a candidate for that title.

What I will say is that I travelled and watched Foggy all over Europe & it made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up, as much as I like Rossi when I have travelled to see him I just watch in admiration rather than raw passion.

I miss the Foggy world superbike days, about 14 of us on bikes would travel to Donington & Assen every year to watch him.

Think we'll have to agree to disagree on this one, suppose its like that age old 'who was the greatest boxer' question :hmm: Everyone will have their own opinion-one of those things we'll never know for sure as the two of them will never race head to head. :good:

they both were/are great riders and in there prime I think would have won the other on there own bikes

rossi seems to make it look so easy as foggy did. but in all fairness in some races you would swear rossi just wants to play with them the way he takes some races on the last bend...! i think rossi would lead foggy on , play with him and then spit him out on the last bend, 'wheelying' over the line in style! :P :yp: hat off to all the racers..keeps me entertained if im not out on the sundays!

• 2 weeks later...

Foggy never even attempted to show he was the best in the world for one year, never mind rank in the all time greatest. He showed he was king in a second rate championship a number of times, but the fact that he never seriously tried to win the top class says it all. Ok, he did a few 500cc rides and did OK, but that doesn't mean much. Now, Rossi against Ago I'd like to see. Or Barry Sheene of course.