Windy day in Yorkshire on the rape

caeser

After putting up a post in shooting available on thursday evening, (very short notice for anybody I know) I met up with Phill.p and his 18year old son Matt. Matt had never been pigeon shooting before, so it was a new experience for him.

It must have been about 9.00 when we had set up in two different hides on opposite sides of a field of rape. It was really blustery and I had set up in a hedge with the wind behind me. About 15 decoys put out and a couple on top of the hedge.

Pigeon starting coming in straight from the off. Really fast and jinking about in the strong blustery winds, it was excellent fun, and extremely challenging.

Phill and Matt moved over to my side of the field as their side seemed to dry up a bit.

Ended up a really good day. Matt had shot his first pigeons , he ended up with about a dozen or more.

Total tally for the day was well over a hundred, which is a great day for this time of the year.

Forgot to take any pics until we were bagging them up.

Phill and his lad here. (All those bags are full of pigeons)

12112010059.jpg

Edited by caeser

Gents

Caeser is a gentleman and a credit to PW.

I have twice had the pleasure of shooting with him.

The first time was when he offered to take me claybusting when I was recovering from an accident,and was unable to drive; an act of generosity that I shall never forget.

The second time was on the pigeons on his permission in Yorkshire; sadly the pigeon didn't play ball, and few were shot that day, a generous offer none the less.

I'm happy to learn that the latest trip worked out well, and all involved enjoyed some good shooting.

Well done!

webber