Mark Andrews

Birdy

***** is an affectionate term. I have one, I love it. :lol:

We don't know that she hadn't already tried to gouge his eyes out or bite his nose off - so he may have done! He may not of done, but again had she been compliant he wouldn't have needed to use any force at all!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

you don't know me yet your already resorting to name calling? :lol:

i'm not saying i'm right,but can you honestly say he handled the situation to the best of his abilities?.oh and yes if it was a bloke i'd still be saying he was in the wrong.what i think the bloke needed to do in the situation was to get assistance(man handled if necessary,but controlled).

realistically he was manhandling her but because the floor was slippery it wasn't taking much effort, in his explanation she held onto the cell door frame on the way through and he pulled her free and effectively dropped her at the same time. She banged her head and the damage was done, interestingly she didn't put an arm out to stop her head hitting the floor. So was he manhandling an obstructive prisoner or assaulting her, I'd suggest if you couldn't manhandle any prisoner it would make dealing with most drunks impossible. The main issue here is we are seeing a very small snippet of what went on so who knows I just like to err on the side of the police rather than on the side of the drunk irrational woman

there is no denying that this story is very tragic. But who is to blame - the officers themselves or those who have failed to provide adequate training to spot the symptoms of the onset of a diabetic coma?

:/

realistically he was manhandling her but because the floor was slippery it wasn't taking much effort, in his explanation she held onto the cell door frame on the way through and he pulled her free and effectively dropped her at the same time. She banged her head and the damage was done, interestingly she didn't put an arm out to stop her head hitting the floor. So was he manhandling an obstructive prisoner or assaulting her, I'd suggest if you couldn't manhandle any prisoner it would make dealing with most drunks impossible. The main issue here is we are seeing a very small snippet of what went on so who knows I just like to err on the side of the police rather than on the side of the drunk irrational woman

al4x,i understand what you're saying but if she was being that obstructive why not get another officer to give him a hand?(and maybe that was the reason a colleague reported him).maybe her hand did'nt go out because she was so drunk?.

in my opinion these are the people who are there to look out for us even if we are in the wrong.surely he has a duty of care to make sure no harm comes to her while she was in the care of the police.

do i think the woman is totally innocent?

no,but i don't think she deserved that

Edited by pegleg31

of course we could go down the route where the police wouldn't make any mistakes and that would be just to stop them arresting anyone. Most on that mail list topped themselves which to me is less of a police issue and more one of individual responsibility. the facts are the police deal with the most troubled members of society and pick up the pieces and these things will happen. I'd guess the cops that dealt with the 4 armed guys in that merc sprinter in Berkshire yesterday will be in for flack for not finding the person in the back of the van immediately

there is no denying that this story is very tragic. But who is to blame - the officers themselves or those who have failed to provide adequate training to spot the symptoms of the onset of a diabetic coma?

:/

sure the police are there to care for folk as much as they are they to arrest them.

Things like this and a lot worse have been going on for more years than i can remember.

whoever s fault it is, its about time is was sorted.

He's had his conviction quashed on appeal. Still suspended from work subject to internal investigation.

Who expected that?

whoever wrote this.

no policeman has ever been convicted of murder or manslaughter for a death following police contact, though there have been more than 400 such deaths in the past ten years alone. The IPCC is at best overworked and at worst does not deserve the “I” in its name.

I'm 100% with Dirty Harry and the others on his side regarding this subject. The woman was drunk, she played up. The copper dragged her to a cell and lobbed her in. He didn't beat her up, she fell when she was pushed. If she hadn't have played up she wouldn't of needed that push and she would be fine.

If a copper tells you to do something you do it. If you don't you can only expect them to use reasonable force to make you comply. If that reasonable force results in you tripping up and hitting your head then tough luck - you only have yourself to blame!

This guy wasn't a woman beater, he was doing his job. Give him a break!

sorry i don't know how to embed a video :blush:

but if you watch the video the woman seems to fall to the floor when mr andrews looks to apply more pressure to her arm.i'm no expert,but from what i can see she's walking along side him at that point :hmm:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqIH2EZMkFA

or maybe i do :lol::lol:

Edited by pegleg31

sorry i don't know how to embed a video :blush:

but if you watch the video the woman seems to fall to the floor when mr andrews looks to apply more pressure to her arm.i'm no expert,but from what i can see she's walking along side him at that point :hmm:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqIH2EZMkFA

or maybe i do :lol::lol:

must have been the only time she did walk, she was dragged most of the time she was with him.

Watching that again only reinforces my opinion that he is a bully.....a woman beating bully

yes she may have been drunk, but as the video shows she was dragged AFTER falling over and THROWN to the floor,

At no point is she seen fighting or struggling.....

one law for him one law for us.....

If i had been caught dragging a drunken female along the floor then throwing her onto a hard surface would the police on here defending him, defend me or would i be a woman beater?

Its a disgrace,

Shaun

He will get sacked on his board - simples - why bother continuing a thread that was done to death the last time - If I could I would close this one as well.

Your right,

this thread could do with closing because i cant understand the mentality of the people defending him.

shaun

I have never seen so much bullshine on a Pigeon Watch thread. On BOTH sides of the fence.

You either have confidence in the English Courts or you don't. I know where I stand.

Cheers

Roger ;)

thats right .. you can either go with the uslesness of the police or the incompetence of the courts..

I am slightly bemused as to why anyone is defending him. I will always support the Police as a body. What I will not support is a woman beating bully who disgraced the uniform.

The video is clear - whatever she did or didn't do. His own colleagues shopped him. For what? Doing his job according to some. I could laugh if it wasn't so serious.

I trust he will be sacked, which would restore some of my faith in the system. I can't see him rushing in to another job. Who would want to employ him? His only talent seems to be acting like a thug with someone not in his league.

Absolutely pathetic.

Or the fine line trod by all police officers and the standard of proof insisted on by the criminal court - i.e. BEYOND REASONABLE DOUBT. :oops:

If you have a bad day on the pigeons you miss a few. If you have a bad day as a cop you risk prison... :oops:

well if thats a bad day for a cop and he knocke the s@it out of a woman then i would hate to see a really s@itty day..