What choke for sporting

ShooterTom

Hi, Thanks for the replies :D . I think i will go for 1/4 then. I will try to pattern it. It would be interesting to see the difference, just need a big bit of card.... :hmm: Cheers

Tom

You'll need a lot of bits of card and lots of different cartridges to do it properly. :yes:

whats the point of having a multichoke and not using them ? :o

generally use 1/4 but sometimes a little more choke is needed, and sometimes a little less is required :lol:

All depends on the discipline you shoot,I choose to mix up bit of skeet or ESP or fitasc so do change chokes about,depends on range I don't change carts much so chokes change about

i dont change cartridges either, found 1 i'm happy with and use them for everything i shoot clay wise.

some of the guys i go with are constantly fiddling with cartridges and chokes. :blink:

cant quite get my head round using faster cartridges, would rather know where i am with them and increase the lead for further birds.

i dont change cartridges either, found 1 i'm happy with and use them for everything i shoot clay wise.

some of the guys i go with are constantly fiddling with cartridges and chokes. :blink:

cant quite get my head round using faster cartridges, would rather know where i am with them and increase the lead for further birds.

I can shoot most ESP on the grounds i go to cyl and skt so keep them in but tend to use ported tight choke for distance fitasc but can still go with what I have in the gun,but full choke dirts the clay some shooters like that,it's the same with changing guns and using different guns ,some shooters adapt what they have,ballistics is another thing at my level if you've got lead in the cart and you've got the eye in the clay will break like you say fast carts ! And you get cupped loads that spread latter Im happy doing what I do

Chokes :hmm: changes with experience :yes: a good shot will like to see a clean break :yes:

If not the front or back edge missing so he can adapt :good:

The clean break is the polite way of saying getting some dirt off the clay,I know if I'm on target by the way the clay breaks,I know a kill is a kill but I like to see some dust

I shoot a half choke in both barrels. This constriction will break any target on a sporting layout. It will give you clean breaks that will give you confidence in your performance. A half choke will give you a little margin for error but will not reward sloppy technique. This will help you focus hard on the target. Too many shooters are distracted by the selection of chokes. Put in your quarter, half or whatever constriction you wish and forget about them. Your focus should be on the trajectory of the target rather than the chokes or cartridges that you are using. A half choke with a good cartridge( 28g of 71/2 shot) and good technique keeps things simple and promotes successful shooting.