DOOS

MOO

Is it just me but I feel sorry for the poor devils? shot them over sprouts many years ago when they were the only green above the snow and they were just about suicidal. Starvation makes them lose much of their sense of fear. Maybe it's a job which needed doing but I do not know if I would enjoy it.

Is it just me but I feel sorry for the poor devils? shot them over sprouts many years ago when they were the only green above the snow and they were just about suicidal. Starvation makes them lose much of their sense of fear. Maybe it's a job which needed doing but I do not know if I would enjoy it.

And the OP says it all when quote NO GREAT SKILL REALY IN THIS CONDITIONS.

Still some crops need protecting and sprouts are top of the List in the conditons in parts of the UK.

Regards OTH

I find it strange that someone would not enjoy this type of shooting as this was pigeon shooting at its very best with some real testing shots and all guns involved enjoyed there days imensley ....these poor devils as you put it had eaten 19 acre of kayle ...20p a plant 20000 plants to the acre I will let you work it out to what the farmer had lost to pigeon damage

I find it strange that someone would not enjoy this type of shooting as this was pigeon shooting at its very best with some real testing shots and all guns involved enjoyed there days imensley ....these poor devils as you put it had eaten 19 acre of kayle ...20p a plant 20000 plants to the acre I will let you work it out to what the farmer had lost to pigeon damage

Even myself sometimes forget the cost of damage pigeons do to crops as most of the time we as shooters cannot see the damage birds do directly .

But in the case of sprouts with snow covering the ground you can see the damage and also the huge damage caused by droppings.

Having said that I still think as shooters we need to show respect to our quarry be it game or vermin.

Its a hard balance and one we must seek to come to right conculsion ourselvles.

Regards OTH