WHATS THE POINT!!!!!!!!

ppuk

looking for your views on replying to for sale threads compared to pm .I replied to a post to buy an item for sale and backed it up with pm a little miffed to be told seller is selling to first pm and not the first on thread so whats the point in replying to posts ?

maybe the mods can put up a ruling on this i've not seen one if one already exists :good:

On other forums Im a member of potential buyers can only respond by PM as replies are blocked. This is a very good solution in my opinion and gets rid of all the tyre Kickers and time wasters and the stupid inane comments like..... "Oh lovely gun mate Ive got one like it but mines a dogs dodas models if I didnt have 15 already and hadnt just lost me job and wasnt 500 miles from you id have it like a shot... would you deliver for £50 quid £250 seems a bit High" comments which are so bloody annoying.

Its about time Sales were PM only.

Just got to face it,there are some ******* on the forum.I told someone i would take their Beretta they had advertised and told them i would get back about payment and RFD details.They agreed but didnt post that is was sold.Next time i checked,it was sold to someone else.Didnt say anything to them,if thats the way they want to act dont lose any sleep over it.

I'd say it's fair to sell to whoever makes contact first? That's the way I always do it and think it's the most fair way to do things. If you reply on the post and it's already gone then oh well, it was never yours so the seller can let it go to whoever they like.

It can be annoying when you miss out but be honest, it's not the end of the world. :good:

On other forums Im a member of potential buyers can only respond by PM as replies are blocked. This is a very good solution in my opinion and gets rid of all the tyre Kickers and time wasters and the stupid inane comments like..... "Oh lovely gun mate Ive got one like it but mines a dogs dodas models if I didnt have 15 already and hadnt just lost me job and wasnt 500 miles from you id have it like a shot... would you deliver for £50 quid £250 seems a bit High" comments which are so bloody annoying.

Its about time Sales were PM only.

mike i see your a site supporter maybe you have the clout to sort this issue one way or another at least if we know if its pm or post there is no confusion or ill feeling

Agree with Nick its there items for sale not yours no POST or PM is every a legal binding Contract.

Until the Cash is swopped for items and both parties our happy.

So you got to live with it no diffrent to any other means of sales.

Be it in your papershop or Ebay the seller can sell to somebody inbetween you making contact and viewing or paying for the item .

Cheers OTH

if you really want what is being sold it dosn`t hurt to do both say on post you want it and back it up with a pm hopfully that would be enough.

totally agree fella even if someone put on post pm sent at least other people know there is interest in item before you

yes they should but its worse the other way people asking for stuff by pm then once you have it changeing there mind happens quite often

I won't argue with you on that one - happened to me on this very forum and radio silence from the guy that agreed to buy the item to this date.

A real PITA! :no:

I put two guns on here - I will think twice before I put up anything for sale again - total load of tyre kickers - asking stupid questions - saying they will have it and never hear from them again.- To my mind first to ask get's first choice post or pm.

Dave

Thats why it should all be done in public and if people agree to buy then don't they get banned....Simples there are also trader ratings plugins for most forums where you can add ratings for each transaction so just like ebay you know a persons history of trading (not what they bought just that they deal went through or didn't)

There are also those unscrupulous sellers who, after you make contact with them, agree a price and request a date/time for the deal, never get back to you. I've had personal experience of this recently in this very forum from someone who apparently deals guns on here quite a bit so its not always the buyer who's the PITA.

The Sales section has been on the Forum for over 8 years.

In that time we have had very few problems and when you take into account the amount of transactions that have taken place, that is quite remarkable.

We review the section from time to time and one result is the present three subsections format, under the banner of The Trading Post.

The main purpose of Pigeon Watch is not to be a buy and sell Forum, there are plenty of other places dedicated to that activity.

There are no plans to change any of the Terms and Conditions or procedures for the time being, but they will continue to be kept under review.

Agree with Nick its there items for sale not yours no POST or PM is every a legal binding Contract.

Until the Cash is swopped for items and both parties our happy.

So you got to live with it no diffrent to any other means of sales.

Be it in your papershop or Ebay the seller can sell to somebody inbetween you making contact and viewing or paying for the item .

Cheers OTH

You are wrong :yes: if mr a, offers something for sale for £50 and mr b, offers £40 for it thats then accepted,then consideration has been shown and this is a legally binding contract that can be upheld in a court of law,as far as i can remember mr b would also be able to claim costs and out of pocket expenses against mr a,this was one of the first lessons we had on 'forming a contract'.

I have both bought and sold on here,it is surprising to me that you do not have to be a trusted member etc to sell and can just sell with your first post or use the forum purely as a sales avenue as at least one member is doing right now.

Maybe next time its reviewed some of the suggestions here maybe taken into consideration as to the way that posts/sales are conducted fairly etc.

The most important thing is that the privelige of selling on the forum is not lost through misuse or invaded by the more dishonest amongst us.

IMHO.

I think the trading section of the forum works well :good: I have bought several items and sold several items and except for two occasions there has been no problems and those I have dealt with have been a credit to the forum.

The one issue I had was someone posted they would have the item I was selling and weeks and weeks later refused to pay as they didn't have the money and were hoping I would either give them the item of wait for months while they got the money together :no::crazy: I have to say thanks to one of the Mods who eventually banned the person from the forum due to the content of some of the posted the guy sent me, he was lucky a ban was all he got :mad:

The other occasion was while selling an item, the first person to PM me purchased the item, and didn't reply on the thread. While in negotiation with the first person, someone else posted on the thread they wanted the item, but it was almost sold. I am a man of my word and sold to the first person to cantact me even though the second person offered more money. As soon as the sale was agreed I posted it as sold on the advert and the one who posted on the thread was a little upset but after a couple of PM's it was all sorted without problem :friends:

I do agree that there are a few tyre kickers lurking about and use the trading threads to just boost their post count, and it always sticks a little when someones first post is a "for sale" post :blink:

As far as traders or semi traders selling on the forum. I don't mind on the condition they state they are a trader and the items come with warranty and the items they sell are cheaper than can be purchased on-line or in-store, everyone likes a good deal :good:

I put two guns on here - I will think twice before I put up anything for sale again - total load of tyre kickers - asking stupid questions - saying they will have it and never hear from them again.- To my mind first to ask get's first choice post or pm.

Dave

There are also those unscrupulous sellers who, after you make contact with them, agree a price and request a date/time for the deal, never get back to you. I've had personal experience of this recently in this very forum from someone who apparently deals guns on here quite a bit so its not always the buyer who's the PITA.

First quote, that's the way I work...I've sold quite a bit of different gear on PW. I go by the times the post, or the PM was sent/posted, first come, first served...if it goes **** up, it's onto the next one who's next inline time wise.

Second quote, I've had that a few times before, there loss not mine. :yes::rolleyes:

Got a list to make sure I don't make the same mistake again :oops: