New EXTREME Weather warning...

Norrie

Hiya, Just been chatting to my mate, who was talking to a head of dept ( another mate) with a local council yesterday., he told him, there is another extreme weather warning for Thursday this week,.seemingly the weather is to be even worse than we have had over the last two weeks,.... :no:

Can it get any worse I ask myself..????? :/

I've just checked our forecast which is a subscription service used in the offshore industry and it says Scotland might get a few inches but by time it gets to Yorkshire it should be sleet the worrying thing is predicted temps for east Yorkshire are down to -7 which after sleet can't be good but the following week temps rise to +3 and it gave a 4% chance of a white Xmas for Beverley east yorkshire

Edited by SteveoM

I was talking with a few work colleagues of various ages and the concensus was that if you are under your mid 40's, this will seem bad to you but anyone over that, winters like this are not anything out of the norm.

I remember as a boy in the 60's when the sea froze around here so lets not lose sight of the fact that the past few decades have presented us with warmer than normal winters and now that nature has decided to weigh in against the global warming conspiracists, all we are experiencing is winter conditions, not an arctic experience, just what we used to know as kids.

I love it.

I was talking with a few work colleagues of various ages and the concensus was that if you are under your mid 40's, this will seem bad to you but anyone over that, winters like this are not anything out of the norm.

I remember as a boy in the 60's when the sea froze around here so lets not lose sight of the fact that the past few decades have presented us with warmer than normal winters and now that nature has decided to weigh in against the global warming conspiracists, all we are experiencing is winter conditions, not an arctic experience, just what we used to know as kids.

I love it.

Temperature wise there has been several records broken here in my region and infact the uk with some of these records going back to 1623 if the beginning of this winter is anything to go by I wouldn't be supprised if this winter is as bad as or even worst then the worst uk winters in living memory.

Hiya, Just been chatting to my mate, who was talking to a head of dept ( another mate) with a local council yesterday., he told him, there is another extreme weather warning for Thursday this week,.seemingly the weather is to be even worse than we have had over the last two weeks,.... :no:

Can it get any worse I ask myself..????? :/

Don't say that mate :/ PM me your email address & i'll let you see what our yard was like after the 1st fall :blink:

Edited by Tam

Ha, The good old Met Office!! Even phoning them they couldnt give you a forecast.......what a waste of time...Up till recently, I had a boat, and used to go miles off shore for sea fishing, the Met office is one sight no-one I knew ever used...total waste of space IMHO...:)

Bunny

Looks like your caps lock stuck on after first two words.

After 1962-3 these snows seem a bit short lived - Thing is then the unemployed had to go to council yard and they were issued with shovels - put on back of truck and they cleared snow from streets - the trucks tipped it in river - now a gritter is almost useless as it doesn't remove snow just shoves it from one place to another and leaves a nice smooth slippy surface.

Dave

ANYONE REMEMBER ICE ON THE INSIDE OF THE WINDOWS, THE OUTSIDE TOILET AND THOSE STONE HOT WATER BOTTLES THAT DIDN'T STAY WARM VERY LONG, THOSE WERE THE GOOD OLD WINTER DAYS!

Aye snap, extreme will power was required to use the outside bog, when the icicles were dangling round the door and worse. Cycling 3 miles to work on minor roads which seldom saw a snow plough. Living today with all modern comforts, I dont mind a bit of snow, but two pheasant shoots cancelled before Hogmanay dont like that at all. Even yesterday with a good thaw underway it was still hard going with an average depth across fields reaching to the top of wellingtons.

Blackpowder

Thing is then the unemployed had to go to council yard and they were issued with shovels - put on back of truck and they cleared snow from streets - the trucks tipped it in river - now a gritter is almost useless as it doesn't remove snow just shoves it from one place to another and leaves a nice smooth slippy surface.

Dave

On my way in to Leeds last week it was nice to see that they had the naught Community Payback peoples clearing footpaths.

Bunny

Looks like your caps lock stuck on after first two words.

After 1962-3 these snows seem a bit short lived - Thing is then the unemployed had to go to council yard and they were issued with shovels - put on back of truck and they cleared snow from streets - the trucks tipped it in river - now a gritter is almost useless as it doesn't remove snow just shoves it from one place to another and leaves a nice smooth slippy surface.

Dave

Agreed. Get the long term bone idle to do something useful for their handouts.