Online tyre purchasing

steve_b_wales

i found black circles were more expensive than my local mercedes independent garage.

This may be the case, but I needed tyres urgently, and all the other online tyre dealers did not have them in the size I asked for. Most were quoting 'back order' with a waiting time up to 4 months.

So, needs be, I bought them from blackcircle.com.

Blackcircles are indeed good and always strong customer service. If you want a direct-to-home fitting service, I also recommend Event Tyres who are superb.

seconded with event tyres couldn't fault the service or price, so easy getting them fitted at work and they were cheaper than camskill for supply only

p.s agree with Jim white writing in unless you bat for the other side :lol:

Edited by al4x

I've had several sets of tyres from Event over the past couple of years, including the AT2s for the Disco, the fitter even said to me "you'll want the white lettering on the inside won't you" :good:

The handy thing about Event is you don't pay until the tyres are fitted, I'm always concerned about paying up front for something on t'internet just in case it all goes belly up, or delays and you're tied in as in the case of 4x4 tyres at the moment.

Slightly off track a neighbour of mine has bought some winter tyres for at road car on line are they any good in the snow,what happens when they hit a pot hole ,as my soft compound contys get the walls ripped out of them,I would ask but some people you can't get a straight answer out of,20 years ago when I used to spend winters in Norway tyres had little spikes and used to drives miles with out a serious 180 slide