On the rape

proTOM1

Had a few hours today on a rape field the birds have been using for some time .I setup bang in the middle at first light about 80yards from the flight line .

Soon started seeing birds but they had better ideas and were all heading to the top of the field and not using the flightline . After and hour i final gave in and moved to the top end and what a good move , i had only just got sat down when birds were showing over the decoys .

Had a nice few decoy but my shooting was very poor with the sxs so think i will go back to the o/u :blush:

Final packed up to look else where for tomorrow with 29 picked up :good:

post-12734-0-52341800-1292610458.jpg

Thats a great result Tom :good: With the exception of Catamong, the rest of us seem to be struggling with getting any on the rape at present :hmm: If I can get out, I will have a go on a small cover crop tomorrow. looked more promising than the rape :yes:

God luck to you :yes: i wish i could shoot our cover strips but will have to wait till feb :rolleyes:

Hope you shoot better than i did i should of bagged 40 :oops:

Had a few hours today on a rape field the birds have been using for some time .I setup bang in the middle at first light about 80yards from the flight line .

Soon started seeing birds but they had better ideas and were all heading to the top of the field and not using the flightline . After and hour i final gave in and moved to the top end and what a good move , i had only just got sat down when birds were showing over the decoys .

Had a nice few decoy but my shooting was very poor with the sxs so think i will go back to the o/u :blush:

Final packed up to look else where for tomorrow with 29 picked up :good:

good result :good: i think everyone on here would be more than happy with a similar bag;struggling meself at moment can;t get them to decoy at all.

keep at it with the auto mate have a round of clays with it thats what we did with the maxus before we had it out on the pigeons and it did the trick we were hitting them from the off.

Thats a great result Tom :good: With the exception of Catamong, the rest of us seem to be struggling with getting any on the rape at present :hmm: If I can get out, I will have a go on a small cover crop tomorrow. looked more promising than the rape :yes:

The forecast is not good for this weekend, we've had a bit of snow today that's caused chaos on the roads around here, with more forecast for tomorrow, it's minus 5 already out there, a good weekend to catch up on those DIY jobs..? :yes:

Good luck if you're out on the rape this weekend, if you want a decent bag you've got to keep the birds moving, either with other guns or banger ropes, otherwise they'll make a monkey out of you, I had a decent bag of 115 last Sunday shooting on quite a large field, the birds kept coming because I'd bangered up the mid point of the field, and 2 guys were shooting the opposite end, it worked well. :good:

Cat.

Good bag Tom and worth moving for :good:

I think you should stick to the SxS mate and keep the O/U locked up :good:

That way there might be a few left for me to take a shot at :hmm::yes::lol:

only joking mate :good:

Kipper :good:

There is plenty for you mate ! i hope to get some good numbers over the next few weeks :good: