'fowling

TJ91

Thats one heck of a total from the foreshore - you must live on the marsh :lol:!

its a 5 min walk from my back door... just 2 fields away , i moved from out of town 12 years ago to be closer to the marshes ,when the geese are feeding my side of the marshes i could if i wanted shoot them out my garden , had plenty of chances to do so but never have done...

i love it out there , there is nothng else comes close to it , my kids spend alot of time down there in the summer swimming , we have BBQ'S down there ... people say im quackers about fowling :lol:

this is how much the kids love it

marshswiming033.jpg

post-15547-0-01849400-1297188282.jpg

Edited by washwildfowler

i have had a good season would have been alot better if i did not have my foot in plaster for 3 weeks, it should have been longer in plaster but to many ducks about and being shot so it had to come off quick ..

257 ducks shot

31 pinks shot

8 greys shot

1 white front shot

3 canadas shot

all on the foreshore and marshes

most ducks shot on tide fights ,tide dropping , geese were shot on moring flights , moon flights , all canadas were shot walking off the marsh and was a 3 out of 3 ..

the season is not yet over :rolleyes: so i'm hoping to reach 300 ducks , i think thats about it for the pinks as they have nearly all gone now .still a few greys about and canads ..

some people may find this amount hard to believe but there is people who can vouch for me on here ...

Just out of interest, which part of the wash are you on?

You might also want to consider that that may not be appropriate information for an open access forum.

There are a lot of anti`s out there even now saying OK,if one fowler shoots 300 hundred ducks a season and there are some 9,ooo coastal fowlers then, if we multiply 300x 9,000 we get well over a quarter of a million wild birds taken by wildfowlers each season.

You may eat duck for breakfast, dinner and tea but most of us don`t and shoot far, far fewer than your figure. In many cases because our marshes are less productive, and in others because we have greater self restraint.

Living in the area that you do I do not find it hard to believe that you`ve shot those sort of numbers.

What I do find hard to believe is that you are so naieve and boastful to put it on this forum.

Which club/clubs are you talking about? It will be interesting to see what your club chairmen and disciplinary committees thinks about your comments when they are drawn to their attention.

You might also want to consider that that may not be appropriate information for an open access forum.

There are a lot of anti`s out there even now saying OK,if one fowler shoots 300 hundred ducks a season and there are some 9,ooo coastal fowlers then, if we multiply 300x 9,000 we get well over a quarter of a million wild birds taken by wildfowlers each season.

You may eat duck for breakfast, dinner and tea but most of us don`t and shoot far, far fewer than your figure. In many cases because our marshes are less productive, and in others because we have greater self restraint.

Living in the area that you do I do not find it hard to believe that you`ve shot those sort of numbers.

What I do find hard to believe is that you are so naieve and boastful to put it on this forum.

Which club/clubs are you talking about? It will be interesting to see what your club chairmen and disciplinary committees thinks about your comments when they are drawn to their attention.

why should i be bothered about anti's, i have not broke the law , fowling is my passion and i love it , i put my time in and alot of it , i travel around the country wildfowling .... i would think nothing of travelling from the wash to the tay in scotland just for a morning flight then driving home again ... i have done it 4 times this season , there is nothing wasted its eaten by my family, my friends, and my dogs , work colleagues and so on ..

i'm a member of multiple clubs around the country and all the fowl is not been taken from just one marsh , infact its been shot on several marshes and foreshores ... it looks like you have put 2+2 together and come up with 5 ..

as for anti's working out there sums they need not bother because you have done it for them now ..

the topic starter was asking who has had a good season wildfowling other people have said what they have shot , as i have said what i have shot and was being honest as for being boastfull i was far from it just being honest ...

i dont see you having a go at other members on the forum about the amount of foxes , corvids , pigeons , ect , ect ....being shot there are topics being posted on the forum about that.... in fact you could class it as records of what people have shot so there is plenty of info there for the anti's .....

like i have said there has been NO law broken by myself , NO club rules been broken by myself. so why should i not say what i have shot .. NOW!! i am being boastfull if i had told you what i have shot inland also .... it would have perhaps reduced you to tears .....

its people like you that are ruining shooting and hunting forums and stopping good decent people from posting,, so do us all a favour and JOG ON !!!!!!

happy shooting

Edited by washwildfowler

I thought along those lines too......

My season started well then I lost the use of my car for all of december due to it being in need of repair and my daughter wouldn't of been too happy to have a muddy springer in the back, every time i'd planned to go since getting the car back something has cropped up. Didn't chase the canada's at all and ended up with 7 duck for 6 visits.....i'm kicking myself that I didn't make more of an effort!

why should i be bothered about anti's, i have not broke the law , fowling is my passion and i love it , i put my time in and alot of it , i travel around the country wildfowling .... i would think nothing of travelling from the wash to the tay in scotland just for a morning flight then driving home again ... i have done it 4 times this season , there is nothing wasted its eaten by my family, my friends, and my dogs , work colleagues and so on ..

i'm a member of multiple clubs around the country and all the fowl is not been taken from just one marsh , infact its been shot on several marshes and foreshores ... it looks like you have put 2+2 together and come up with 5 ..

as for anti's working out there sums they need not bother because you have done it for them now ..

the topic starter was asking who has had a good season wildfowling other people have said what they have shot , as i have said what i have shot and was being honest as for being boastfull i was far from it just being honest ...

i dont see you having a go at other members on the forum about the amount of foxes , corvids , pigeons , ect , ect ....being shot there are topics being posted on the forum about that.... in fact you could class it as records of what people have shot so there is plenty of info there for the anti's .....

like i have said there has been NO law broken by myself , NO club rules been broken by myself. so why should i not say what i have shot .. NOW!! i am being boastfull if i had told you what i have shot inland also .... it would have perhaps reduced you to tears .....

its people like you that are ruining shooting and hunting forums and stopping good decent people from posting,, so do us all a favour and JOG ON !!!!!!

happy shooting

I think what Mudpatten was getting at, is publishing those kind of numbers on an open Internet forum for killed wild duck, (where ever shot in the UK) will only give antis fuel to get EVEN more limits/ restrictions put upon wildfowling.

I was a bit ambivalent about the bag of duck, although I will say it is on the huge side of big, but I really really wish you had not shattered my illusions by saying your dogs got some/ part of them, in that case sir have you ever considered that you maybe shooting too many ?!?

Lads in our clubs soon get a reputation if they are known to be hammering the 'fowl and are soon told the error of their ways by the committee

I was a bit ambivalent about the bag of duck, although I will say it is on the huge side of big, but I really really wish you had not shattered my illusions by saying your dogs got some/ part of them, in that case sir have you ever considered that you maybe shooting too many ?!?Lads in our clubs soon get a reputation if they are known to be hammering the 'fowl and are soon told the error of their ways by the committee

look i do not wish to get into a arguement with any member , but scolopax do you not think if your dog has done alot of work for you retreiving while out fowling, he deserves something as a reward .. its good for them , i feed alot of raw meat in all my dogs diet .

and i have not hammerd any wildfowl , i never break any of the clubs rules or the law ,i know when i have shot enough ..i show respect to other fowlers , i never shoot out of range birds , if i have shot what i think is enough before the end of flight time and there are other fowlers about i will stay till the flight is over. so i dont ruion the flight for other fowlers .....

like i said i put plenty of time into my wildfowling thats why i get so many and nothing is wasted and i'm not just a nice weather fowler . i'm there if it be heavey rain sleet or snow ...

Edited by washwildfowler

I did not and do not have an issue with the numbers you have shot even though you wrote that the number of birds you shot inland would have "reduced me to tears".

Those are issues that will in time be dealt with by the likes of Natural England when they issue their Notices of Consent for wildfowling. Your infantile and boastful ramblings serve only to reinforce the popular opinion held by NE that many fowlers are greedy and ill disciplined yobs with guns who need to be curbed with punitive bag limits. You merely reinforce the stereotype.

You wrote earlier that "It`s people like you that are ruining the shooting and hunting forums."

To which I reply, guilty as charged, although I`m always amazed at small minded people who write ill considered statements on open forums, and then whine when they get picked up on their stupidity. If you can`t handle some hostile replies, don`t post.

In reality,although I may be ruining the forums, you sir, are ruining the future of the sport of wildfowling with your greed and the pathetic need for self agrandisement.

I did not and do not have an issue with the numbers you have shot even though you wrote that the number of birds you shot inland would have "reduced me to tears".

Those are issues that will in time be dealt with by the likes of Natural England when they issue their Notices of Consent for wildfowling. Your infantile and boastful ramblings serve only to reinforce the popular opinion held by NE that many fowlers are greedy and ill disciplined yobs with guns who need to be curbed with punitive bag limits. You merely reinforce the stereotype.

You wrote earlier that "It`s people like you that are ruining the shooting and hunting forums."

To which I reply, guilty as charged, although I`m always amazed at small minded people who write ill considered statements on open forums, and then whine when they get picked up on their stupidity. If you can`t handle some hostile replies, don`t post.

In reality,although I may be ruining the forums, you sir, are ruining the future of the sport of wildfowling with your greed and the pathetic need for self agrandisement.

bag limits you say , i think you will find they have been in force with alot of clubs for many years now , 3 of the clubs i'm a member of have them and i dont have a problem with sticking to the bag limit... and of coursre there is the bag returns we have to fill in as members of a wildfowling club , were do you think all that information goes ,

it does get into the wrong hands ...

also i think you will find out its not the likes of me that is ruining wildfowling , its the people who are still using lead shot and selling the ducks to the game dealers and when they should not .

also the big inland shoots that shoot vast amounts of reared ducks not wild on flight ponds and driven days.... also selling them to the game dealers with led shot in ,and of course this all reflects on the true wildfowlers the anti's and all the do gooders tar us all with the same brush ..

so its not just me is it , i think you have me all wrong mudpattern , i do not just join wildfowling clubs to go shoot big numbers of ducks , i do alot for my local club and i know what goes on behind the running of a wildfowling club , i do not just go down and shoot at anything that moves ,or just to shoot big numbers . i put alot of time and hard work into my wildfowling

so please dont think i'm a yahooing yob who just goes wildfowling taken pot shots at anything that moves because that would be far from the truth ....

So now then gents lets go back to the start of the thread. how has your fowling season been??

Bagged my first Widgeon tonight to add to my increasing total of wildfowl shot on the shore but no where as many as the washwildfowler but on the up from last season and with only a week to go I am going to try and get out most days.

I do have an opinion on what has been said about numbers, I think that if a total of ALL the wildfowl shot by all the members was published both on the shore and inland over decoys (sometimes for a profit)then the so called spys & anties might have a valid point. Lets not pick on our own kind of sportsman to kick when they are at the top of there game. Its to easy to run someone down on various topics and cry `fowl` and then raise a bad feeling on the forum when you dont actually know the person, in person. And before you ask I have never met the washwildfowler.

BBL

I think that there is absolutely nothing wrong with washwildfowler's post. He has shot an awful lot of duck, granted, but i'm sure that he would have been on countless flights to reach that number. I don't think that antis could have a case to whine about it either, he is clearly in a minority in terms of the season's bag. He has harvested a wild resource of which their are many, many thousands. His shooting would not have made a dent in the over-wintering populations of wild duck.

Carry on WW, i only wish i could have the chance to shoot half as many in a season.

My 3rd full season wildfowling below the sea wall has so far produced around 25 wigeon, 3 pintail, 1 mallard, 1 teal. All from my local marsh and all at morning flight. A trip up to the Eden in november produced 1 graylag, we had plans for geese over decoys but over a foot of snow put paid to that! I am trully hooked on wildfowling its has quickly become my passion, give me 5 wigeon on a morning flight on a windswept salt marsh over a 50/100 bird driven day ANY DAY!!