which filter for foxing

elmar fudd

As usual, different repies due to different circumstances..... Filters for fools? No comment :rolleyes:

If it has not been shot at before, probably you will get away without a filter. But if been lamped before and missed, you say your using a shotgun, red(darker) or yellow(distance not a problem). If they have been shot at and missed, by someone else, depends on if and what filter was used.

Filter's make no difference.

And what difference they make, can be had by using a decent dimmer IMHO.

I'd like to see any of you ID a fox in the middle of a wheat field under a red filter at 200 yards... the simple matter is you can't! I don't shoot what I can't ID - and that's why I, like many others use the pure white light.

whitch ever i remember to put on :blush: i normaly use amber but sometimes use white just to keep them guessing been useing blue sometimes too but cant se how its much diffrent to white :hmm: i have lots and lots of christmas trees on hear and shooting into the small trees with a filter on is hard so it some times gets taken off for some shots

I always use the lamp with a red filter ! Why ? Because thats what I was shown by my dad when i was about 13 and since meeting my lamping partner Paul he also uses red filter for everything ! We have never had a problem with it and I figure if somethings going to run then it will run what ever the colour how ever I belive I get a beter im age with the red through the scope as eyes seem to reflect better but this is only personal preference !

I cant help but think quarry see white light and link it to cars / traffic which in turn they link to danger !

But am not sure how much water any of this holds as one of my best everning bags has been on a airfeild with no cover shooting from a big white 4x4 with hi-viv reflective tape all over it and neither buggs or charles were worried about it ! And no it wasnt a regular vehicle to that area that they would of known and got used to !