Insurance..............again

Sco77w

OK, so I've got my shotgun certificate, a clay ground to hone my skills at, a gun ordered and a mate willing to take me pigeon shooting. I want to get my self covered 'just in case'.

Now I know there are going to be as many opinions as subscribers to this site but who has what and why did you choose that perticular one?

Could a moderator make this a survey type post?

Edited by Sco77w

I'm with basc for the insurance, not sure how it works down south but also remember to get your game license from the post office before next season too...(as I day maybe this is only needed in Scotland)

Regards,

Gixer

The game license is for Scotland and Northern Ireland only IIRC

I doubt that you'll get much of a response, this subject has been done to the nth degree, and then some.

Compare the various associations websites and make your decision, or do the right thing, and join BASC.

webber

I was leaning towards BASC, Not just for the insurance but for all the support and work they do for the sport of shooting

Just thought I'd see what everyone else thought.

Looks like a night with the search funcion.

Edited by Sco77w

Yep, plenty of posts and threads on this one. :lol:

I also firmly support BASC and think they do an excellent job. With over 100 staff members they have the ability to do a good job and their attitude is good when I have needed their help.

They also do a DD payment scheme now if you want to spread payments.

Anyone joining BASC should see if they know a member or see if anyone here is a member, if you give their membership number you both get put through to a competition to win a days shooting on an estate.

OK, decided to go with BASC. The first member to PM me with their membership no will be put forward for the draw.