polymer tip pellet

new to the flock

Lads on the www.talonownersgroup.com have been using these.

I think it was something along the lines of OK out to 25 yards but they start to veer off at longer ranges :rolleyes:

They are a good design for maximum carnage and cause huge trauma wounds as they are supposed to mushroom perfectly.

Other than that i can't really advise on them but take a look on the TOG and see if you can find the relevant post ;)

LG

Interesting that the bottom line in the test is the lack of penetration being due to the pellet deforming or transfering energy in the soap bar (1.77) It would require a true test to be really impressive NTTF. If that pellet shots a flat trajectory similar to a 1.77 and could be proved to flare out on arrival it would be a usefull bit of kit for a heavier quarry. Probably could for where you are as we are limited to what can be done legally I don't think we have use for them.

Have you used them and if so are they more expensive than the others in the test?

LB

I have an old wooden box with some 30+ different types of pellets in tins,that i've collected since the mid 70's,every time i saw a "new" fantastic penetration,mushrooming,pellet i bought them - only to be dissapointed.

Well 30 odd years of hunting has always led me back to the same conclusion - close range - soft lead flatheads - medium range and general purpose - domed head lead.

Having said that i'll buy a tin of these and try them - a sucker me!

Oh and i would'nt shoot a beaver with any kind of air rifle - and are'nt they a protected species?

Edited by Soulboy

Not in Canada and the Usa...the beaver is a fur bearer at best a rodent at worst, and are harvested during regular game seasons....unless they are causing flooding damage and then they are harvested until controled.

Now I agree I would not be useing these to harvest a beaver....find the rimmy works best for that. I did see awhile back a post of someone harvesting a member of the mountain goat faimly with some bazar caliber of air rifle.

NTTF

Soulboy let us know what you think of them. ;)

I must also be a sucker for a gimmick as I have a tin of these on order. (In fact due to a C**K up on behalf of the GPO losing my order the shop I bought them off is sending me two tins, one being FOC!) ???

When I get them, I will let you know what they're like and if their crrp then I may start giving them away! ???

Karl

Edited by Batmancaver

I cant imagine that they'd mushroom much atall with sub 12ft/lb airguns, so maybe they're design for those stupidly high powered FAC airguns?

SS

not true, have seen these down the club today, a long standing member managed to get a trail tin, and he can attest to the destructive powers, when used in a standard 12Flbs rifle.

And this was from someone who was truly a doubting thomas! He left nothing to the imagination when he described the damage it did from his rifle to a rabits head at 20 yards!!!!!! They really did suprise the hell out of him!

Though he did admit he wasnt too sure about the accuracy of them, but at 35 yards through a fenman they were grouping about 1"

ROB :thumbs:

I cant imagine that they'd mushroom much atall with sub 12ft/lb airguns, so maybe they're design for those stupidly high powered FAC airguns?

SS

The test report (link in a previous post) quotes an MV that equates to a sub 12ftlb gun and yes it "mushroomed" got to get a tin of these and have a look at the accuracy @ 30 and 40ftlbs if good enough I can see a field trial ensuing??

cheers KW

These pellets cropped up in a link awhile ago on page 2 http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/ind...topic=14173&hl= .A certain shop in Blackpool ran a trial of these results not good :lol: .In fact they get a mention on the shops home page :thumbs: . http://www.airgunbuyer.com/webnews.asp?ID=387

pity cause I would'nt have minded trying them myself :)

Edited by Mordeeb