Friday fun

henry d

I have a snake, they are actually really nice, they aren't half as bad as they are made out to be. Mine has never even tried to bite me! now whenever i see a snake i try and capture it and look at it. I find adders aren't as nice as my snake Mitch. :thumbs:

And again, with story.

The Rock python is Africa's largest snake. The rock python eats mammals and birds.

Lays up to 100 eggs about the size of a tennis ball in antbear (Aardvark) holes, hollow tree or similar suitable place. The female coils herself around the eggs to protect them.

The snake in this picture had eaten a full grown Impala ewe and, sadly, caught itself in an electric fence.

Over four metres in length, this was a large specimen.

When the python was skinned we found a full grown Impala ewe had just been swallowed.

The python kills its prey by coiling itself around the animal and constricting it. When the animal is dead the python swallows it normally head first. Having swallowed its prey, the snake will find an abandoned burrow or hollow tree in which to hide and digest it's meal.

snake2.jpg

Edited by new to the flock

A mate of mine had a 3 foot glossy snake that went off it's food and died he was gutted :beer:

Also read in the papers a while back about a lady being eaten by a Python :ernyha:

Her and her sister went to fetch water in the jungle and the snake attacked her. Her sis ran for help but when they got back the snake had half swallowed her. :ernyha:

I will see if i can find an article on it.

LG