Gun Watch - on PW Forum

garjo

There have been some really good responses on this topic, and we certainly are listening to them. Some of the proposed changes are already being worked on to make it better. However, there are some important back-end changes to the system which are taking up considerable development time.

The current topics are a bit impersonal, and we agree that they are too brief.

So here's what we're doing, we're working on getting the PW topics to display more information, ie all 3 photographs from Gun Watch onto the Pigeon Watch listing. These photographs also won't be so small. The description of the item for sale will start to be displayed. Finally the PW username will start to be automatically displayed at the bottom of the topic (subject to ID check with PW registration), and this will mean that there will no longer be a delay between topic going up and me editing and adding it in.

It's a new system and it's not been going long, and really it's quite a big thing. There are certainly things that aren't right with it, or that could be improved, and they'll be done, so please be patient. Some of these comments we are hearing for the first time in this topic, and we appreciate them.

For the timebeing you are free to still reply to threads and usually the poster of the gun will check in and PM or answer questions. Or if you are the seller you can add additional info as a reply to the Gun Watch topic just like you would have on the old system.

yeah, but i still didnt find out if you would post your air rifle. :lol:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sadly i have 5 rifles for sale, but feel they will be better posted on other forums

my reasons for doing so have all been mentioned in this thread.

i just feel this forum had one of the best formats before it was changed, but now i dislike it immensely, i also feel that the planned corrections will still hold it back for coming close to what it was in the past.

kind regards.

bob.

It is a strange one. The sales section used to be my stalking ground. I haven't been in it for months and when the odd sale comes in eyesight (I normally view the forum by hitting the "view new post" button) all the sales appear to be at home dealers flogging guns that are erm **** and over priced by miles. Incidentally if you want to kill a sales section stone dead, consistently fill it full of over priced stuff no one wants and after a while no one will even browse let alone actively look.

There's no life in it.

Turn it into an auction with buy it now?

Edited by Mungler

It was a serious question.

If the 'feedback' is from people who rarely buy or sell guns - it isn't really relevant is it?

And unfortunately a lot of the comments in the old for sale section were unhelpful to the point where we were continually asked to edit them out by the seller.

There is a bit of feedback for you :)

I have bought and sold a few on here since I joined.

Now I rarely look.

What is the point behind the change?

sadly i have 5 rifles for sale, but feel they will be better posted on other forums

To expand it a little more, could it be suggested that if people were to google search(other search engines are available) for the guns that Bob was selling as they wanted to buy one second hand, they would be led to other forums. Meaning this site as well as losing out on the bargains that Bob was once willing to offer to its members but now doesn't, is also losing out on new members being drawn in by these bargains and so then the sponsors could be missing out on more people seeing their advertising?

Do any of you ever actually buy and sell guns or do you just like looking at adverts?

I don't change my car ever week but I still tend to have a look through car adds in case there is a bargain to be had! I too don't even bother to look anymore!

I think the lads are just giving a bit of constructive criticism, which as we are members are more than entitled to do!