243 and 200yd zero.

good one,looks like you have found a sence of hunour :rolleyes:

as I said I may be at Bisley depending on care for my litter as the wife and kids will be away that weekend at centre park,the pups are dooing great by the way just on the lawn at the min in the sun

but again as i said anyone is welcome to come up to me and even have a go :lol:

I would save your money mate and spend it on a decent rifle and reloading kit :P

Hey, it all in good fun mate, at the end of the day if you are the next star shot then great, hopefully you can win the UK a medal at some point....

As for the rifle, like you due to kids, family, dogs and houses it does what i need it to (in a 2" group ;) ) and there are a few deer and foxes that will confirm this, I have actually got my eye on a new rifle though...but i doubt that's fix shakey hands and poor eyesight....

I watch with great interest to see the claims proved by you with out any excuses on the day... ;)

Funnily enough i'm just heading out to zero the rifle and have set up my target as per below...

post-10812-0-89557700-1304678644.jpg

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey, it all in good fun mate, at the end of the day if you are the next star shot then great, hopefully you can win the UK a medal at some point....

As for the rifle, like you due to kids, family, dogs and houses it does what i need it to (in a 2" group ;) ) and there are a few deer and foxes that will confirm this, I have actually got my eye on a new rifle though...but i doubt that's fix shakey hands and poor eyesight....

I watch with great interest to see the claims proved by you with out any excuses on the day... ;)

Funnily enough i'm just heading out to zero the rifle and have set up my target as per below...

I like the target,classic

Iam not knocking anyone for what they can or cannot do,it seems the ones that can push the boundries who get the doughters

as i always say "dont judge others by your owm standards" I dont consider myeslf and exceptional shot far from it I still miss,but I do have exceptional kit,which does help

by the way I like the banter as much as everyone else,but I draw the line at insults

Edited by Ackley

mate when one has owed the same rifle for over 7 years and has done all the testing and actually gets out and uses it instead of siting at a keyboard,I think i know what myself and my kit is capable of,dont you think

instead of these sceptics running someonedown because they cant do it,should out a board out and try it

I dont need a Jury mate,Ive prooved it time and time again,the thing that amazes me no one has even asked what rifles I use

also please dont accuse me of being a "know all" Iam far form that as we all can learn something from other people,I know I do

your reading it the wrong way round mate :yes:

KW

am I ?? if you intentions where not to insult me I appologise

they wernt I refered to your gun and your felt capabilities the term resident know all was aimed elsewhere?

KW

Dont forget to take Your "tools" with You :lol:

(only kidding Deekers :good:)

looking at his profile

I have my own Game & Vermin Control Company and I'm a consultant and shooting instructor for a Major National Pest Control Company. BPCA, NRA, BASC and Deer Mentor as well.

I am also Secretary of a Home Office approved shooting club at Bisley.

Done the usual bit of writing and broadcasting and some of you will have seen my work in the shooting press.

may I ask who your write for I would love to have a read,

and if your going to Bisley if i can make it that is "dont forget yourtool"

Edited by Ackley

You had me worried so I have revisited my range book and now realise I gave some incorrect information in my original post, 100yd zero gives just over 3" drop at 200yds the almost 13 inches at 300yds is still right though, the 2950fps velocity is taken from the powder bottle, i ahve checked the manufacturers data and some reloading test data and these were tested with a longer barrel than I have so I would guess mine are doing a bit over 2800, they certainly kill everything I shoot them at

mikee

about 3" at 200 yds and 13" at 300 is normal for a .243 with 100 grn bullet, it is what mine does give or take a smidge. I seriously recomend chrographing handloads, never trust factory blurb. besides anything you want to know the shot to shot variation difference, sometimes dropping the charge gives more consistancy without nessasarily sacrificing speed, more so with shorter barrel .243's you might have to prove your handloads are legal unexpectedly ( some venues ask for it ) the .243 can be marginal .

15th may,provided my pups can be looked after by someone as i said,if not shoot up here any time you like I have loads of land to get to 500 yards quite easy

by the way my rifles are field tools as you put it,you guys should get a decent rifle :lol::lol:

15 May.

AM or PM and which range?

I'll leave Mr L to join you in your part of the world!

mate when one has owed the same rifle for over 7 years and has done all the testing and actually gets out and uses it instead of siting at a keyboard,I think i know what myself and my kit is capable of,dont you think

instead of these sceptics running someonedown because they cant do it,should out a board out and try it

I dont need a Jury mate,Ive prooved it time and time again,the thing that amazes me no one has even asked what rifles I use

also please dont accuse me of being a "know all" Iam far form that as we all can learn something from other people,I know I do

Don't tell me you sell rifles now along with your other sidelines, i for one won't be rushing out to buy one for sure, you know it might be nobody cares to know what your guns called. lets see if this display ever happens - Dekkers isn't the one who claims 2" groups at 500 yds on target remember. indeed just do better than 1 1/2" at 300 on target no sighter with a stalking rifle off a std harris type bipod no butt / rear rest bag etc and i will be impressed enough and thats only just a little more than half as far as you claim and only a mere 1/2" tighter. Still 1/2 moa takes some doing at 300 with an accurate call of shot from a cold barrel 5 shots take as long as you like to fire the group, but you get no sighter remember but you may confirm zero and ammo at 100 first. There you go an easier challenge by far one test you should totally ace, i have no great desire to hold you to such an impossible request as 2" at 500

By the term "stalking rifle" - just use anything you own it won't make no difference

Edited by kent

looking at his profile

I have my own Game & Vermin Control Company and I'm a consultant and shooting instructor for a Major National Pest Control Company. BPCA, NRA, BASC and Deer Mentor as well.

Done the usual bit of writing and broadcasting and some of you will have seen my work in the shooting press.

I might not always agree with him but he will do for me!

15 May.

AM or PM and which range?

I'll leave Mr L to join you in your part of the world!

300 and 600 yards lanes will be booked for the PM session,I will PM you further deatails,as i said just waiting for confirmation my in laws can see to my litter as you will understand £3000 worth of pups cant be left too long

Don't tell me you sell rifles now along with your other sidelines, i for one won't be rushing out to buy one for sure, you know it might be nobody cares to know what your guns called. lets see if this display ever happens - Dekkers isn't the one who claims 2" groups at 500 yds on target remember. indeed just do better than 1 1/2" at 300 on target no sighter with a stalking rifle off a std harris type bipod no butt / rear rest bag etc and i will be impressed enough and thats only just a little more than half as far as you claim and only a mere 1/2" tighter. Still 1/2 moa takes some doing at 300 with an accurate call of shot from a cold barrel 5 shots take as long as you like to fire the group, but you get no sighter remember but you may confirm zero and ammo at 100 first. There you go an easier challenge by far one test you should totally ace, i have no great desire to hold you to such an impossible request as 2" at 500

By the term "stalking rifle" - just use anything you own it won't make no difference

sorry to dissapoint you yet again,its getting a habbit now isnt it,no I dont sell rifles,however I did try to buy my local gunshop last year,

by the way you dont make the rules to how and what i shoot,you and your mate are disputing that a 2 inch group at 500 isnt possable

also i shoot of a harris bipod whilst doing it,I wont need to test at 100 yards either :rolleyes:

1.5 inch at 300 yards if thats all you can manage mate i would pack up,I can do that off the tailgate of my truck with a bipod

Edited by Ackley

looking at his profile

Is there some point you are trying to make or are you just laying excuses, I'm not the one making any claims and my rifles are tools of my trade, simple as!

If people want to get excited about guns then fine, mine are tools, that I look after, use, and buy and sell as required!

You offered 15 May at Bisley, have you not booked yet? PM by all means but there may well be others available who would like to see, I am certainly looking forward to being in the presence of a world class shooter showing me how to put in 2" groups at 500 yards with a field tool!

Mr L is close and you offered him anytime, I'm sure he will be very accommodating date and time wise! :hmm:

Ackley, I would quite like to see this rifle in action. I am tied up with cricket the next few weeks except next week, when I am at Bisley. So easiest thing is I meet you and Dekers there, and if the pups need tending then we can sort out a time at some other stage?

Also, I am genuinely not worried about the bitchy thread and would like to see this done. I will also bring my CZ and let's see what that does, since it's been known to pull off the odd shock from time to time ;)

Ackley, I would quite like to see this rifle in action. I am tied up with cricket the next few weeks except next week, when I am at Bisley. So easiest thing is I meet you and Dekers there, and if the pups need tending then we can sort out a time at some other stage?

Also, I am genuinely not worried about the bitchy thread and would like to see this done. I will also bring my CZ and let's see what that does, since it's been known to pull off the odd shock from time to time ;)

no worries at all mate its nice to confer with a senceable person,as to the bitchy posts mate they dont worry me,just board people with nothing else better to do,Ive heard it all before

Bisley is booked for the 15th Ive just spoken to the club treasurer tonight,last time I went with this crowd there were a few that doughted me,they soon changed there mind on the 600 yard range

I will be intouch and let you know what is happening ASAP