243 and 200yd zero.

Is there some point you are trying to make or are you just laying excuses, I'm not the one making any claims and my rifles are tools of my trade, simple as!

If people want to get excited about guns then fine, mine are tools, that I look after, use, and buy and sell as required!

You offered 15 May at Bisley, have you not booked yet? PM by all means but there may well be others available who would like to see, I am certainly looking forward to being in the presence of a world class shooter showing me how to put in 2" groups at 500 yards with a field tool!

Mr L is close and you offered him anytime, I'm sure he will be very accommodating date and time wise! :hmm:

not trying to make any point mate if you havnt found your sence of humour you really need to get out more,as to excuses mate I never make any,my rifles are "tools" also,just very good ones,and field guns as you call them

please refrain from trying to be the funny man and keep calling me "world class" Iam not and have never claimed to be so grow up and act like an adult

I will ask the question again What shooting publications do you wright for" I would like to read your articles and iam sure others reading this thread would as well

done judge others by your own performance,or lack of it

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

sorry to dissapoint you yet again,its getting a habbit now isnt it,no I dont sell rifles,however I did try to buy my local gunshop last year,

by the way you dont make the rules to how and what i shoot,you and your mate are disputing that a 2 inch group at 500 isnt possable

also i shoot of a harris bipod whilst doing it,I wont need to test at 100 yards either :rolleyes:

1.5 inch at 300 yards if thats all you can manage mate i would pack up,I can do that off the tailgate of my truck with a bipod

nope a 2" group is possible at 500yds, its just i don't believe for one minute you can do one to order at 500yds and place it in the right location- indeed i don't know any who can and i include some great international competitors there. Hey i just offered you something easier, doable but darn hard and you didn't take it, i am pretty sure we are gonna be looking at a no show because i believe the above 300 yds test proves you to be a truely great shot and a real chance to show us what you can do without being a totally impossible thing to achieve to order on the day

Hey i don't know Dekkers personally (if thats who your calling my mate), we have had our disagreements / debates and a bit of leg pulling in the past. Never shoot at Bisley either i am a good 150 miles North of you. Why should i go all the way to Bisley to watch you fail to show up, someone local to the venue can do that. Doping the shot correctly with no sighter then producing a sub 1/2 moa 5 shot group at 300yds, nope i can't do that anymore on request than you can but it aint me saying i can do that off my tailgate

Do it then show up and pull it off then five shot group 2" 500 yds on target point of aim, fail and have a go at the 300yds test i still recon you will fail that but learn something important in the process- but go on suprise me :good:

Edited by kent

nope a 2" group is possible at 500yds, its just i don't believe for one minute you can do one to order at 500yds and place it in the right location- indeed i don't know any who can and i include some great international competitors there. Hey i just offered you something easier, doable but darn hard and you didn't take it, i am pretty sure we are gonna be looking at a no show because i believe the above 300 yds test proves you to be a truely great shot and a real chance to show us what you can do without being a totally impossible thing to achieve to order on the day

Hey i don't know Dekkers personally (if thats who your calling my mate), we have had our disagreements / debates and a bit of leg pulling in the past. Never shoot at Bisley either i am a good 150 miles North of you. Why should i go all the way to Bisley to watch you fail to show up, someone local to the venue can do that. Doping the shot correctly with no sighter then producing a sub 1/2 moa 5 shot group at 300yds, nope i can't do that anymore on request than you can but it aint me saying i can do that off my tailgate

Do it then show up and pull it off then five shot group 2" 500 yds on target point of aim, fail and have a go at the 300yds test i still recon you will fail that but learn something important in the process- but go on suprise me :good:

what ever you say :rolleyes: you are getting very very boring as I have said you dont call the shots on what I can do and how I can do it,Iam so glad you say a 2 inch group at 500 yard is possable,its made me feel a lot better :lol:

Ive shown you a photo of 2 x 500 yard groups but you said i was lieing,hey ho matters not those that are intereted will see what is possbale from a field gun or what ever you want to call them,the rifle is a sub 1/4 min rifle by the way,but I suspose Iam lieing about that as well

Nah, mate. Besides, Redgum got fed up waiting and the deer pushed off about 11 posts ago!

Well its nice just to sit back and watch the handbags fly and feel proud I posted the original thread. I have done my share of kent baiting among others,its sometimes more rewarding than going on a stalk especially an hour after sunset.However I'm sure Ackley is a cracking shot,with a bit more practice he will be at my level of accuracy :D . So I can sort of conclude that that a 200yd zero will be at least 1.65inchs high at 100yd and to get a 100grainer to achieve a 2inch drop over 200yds you would have to pack vit160 in tight with a stick. I will stick with my 100yd zero and after all, the shots at 200yds sit smack bang ontop of the post below the cross hairs on 12mag so I have an aim point for any long uns. Thanks for all the interest, now a 243 won't do it but will the hmr :hmm::hmm::lol::lol:

just do better than 1 1/2" at 300 on target no sighter with a stalking rifle off a std harris type bipod no butt / rear rest bag etc and i will be impressed

I have a .243ai built by UK Gunworks - Chris Blackburn, I stalk with it, lamp with it and blow rabbits to bits at long range with it.

It groups quite well....

100yds off a 'harris bipod', no rear bag, 5 shots

Ackleygroup5shotsMedium-1.jpg

That gives a 0.171" group

300yd foxes, on the lamp, are not too difficult either......

CharlieFeldmanv1Medium.jpg

Ive had quite a few 300yd charlies...

vixen185008Medium.jpg

Red stags aint too keen on it either.

Stag007Medium.jpg

Dont knock someone because they do something you are not 'sure' about ;)

The world has enough doubters already. . . . . . . .

I'm quite sure Ackley will back his claims up regarding long range shooting.

He knows more about it than me and I do quite well ;)

If the picrtures posted offend, I apologise, if the mods delete em', that is their choice, but as they say a picture paints a thousand words, and these are my pictures. I have no need to lie about the ranges these animals were shot at either, I merely wanted to support a fellow long range shooter.

If you shoot at 'normal' ranges with your centrefires, fair play to you if that suits you and the animals don't suffer, but, please, please, do not slag the guy's off that 'can' stretch the legs of their rifles and do it accurately.

Ackley,. . . . . Go get em' fella'

Regards,Sprags

Nice try Redgum, but there's life in this thread yet. :yes:

Don't get me wrong, its lovely to see this rattle on, great to see so many super hero's about pulling their kacks over their trousers. Bet the pictures of Charlie will be gone in the morning once the editors had his breakfast though.Its amazing what a few extra grains of powder do, the 243 ackley improved, faster (and flatter) than light itself,not even effected by the pull of the moon,amazing stuff.Maybe the author of the 704yd hare will show himself under a new alias soon, and its not even summer yet. :blink:

I think Robbobsam has moved on, so the 704yd hare will not be discussed.

Like I say, each to their own, just don't knock someone because they do what you don't consider correct, or can't do.

Anyway, this'll be my last post on this thread, there's an old saying "you can't educate pork"

Edited by Sprags

not trying to make any point mate if you havnt found your sence of humour you really need to get out more,as to excuses mate I never make any,my rifles are "tools" also,just very good ones,and field guns as you call them

please refrain from trying to be the funny man and keep calling me "world class" Iam not and have never claimed to be so grow up and act like an adult

I will ask the question again What shooting publications do you wright for" I would like to read your articles and iam sure others reading this thread would as well

done judge others by your own performance,or lack of it

2" groups at 500 yards ARE world class, it's time you shut the ^^^^ up and showed everyone.

I will be the first to shake your hand IF you do it.

What Range?

2" groups at 500 yards ARE world class, it's time you shut the ^^^^ up and showed everyone.

What Range?

far far from world class mate,I domnt know where you get this rubbish from,anyway i will akl agaon "WHAT SHOOTING PUBLISHCATION DO YOU CLAIM YOU WRIGHT FOR"

dont please dont tell me to shut the **** up unless your prepared to say that to my face,as I said before grow up and act like an adult as you are acting and posting like a child

I have a .243ai built by UK Gunworks - Chris Blackburn, I stalk with it, lamp with it and blow rabbits to bits at long range with it.

It groups quite well....

100yds off a 'harris bipod', no rear bag, 5 shots

Ackleygroup5shotsMedium-1.jpg

That gives a 0.171" group

300yd foxes, on the lamp, are not too difficult either......

CharlieFeldmanv1Medium.jpg

Ive had quite a few 300yd charlies...

vixen185008Medium.jpg

Red stags aint too keen on it either.

Stag007Medium.jpg

Dont knock someone because they do something you are not 'sure' about ;)

The world has enough doubters already. . . . . . . .

I'm quite sure Ackley will back his claims up regarding long range shooting.

He knows more about it than me and I do quite well ;)

If the picrtures posted offend, I apologise, if the mods delete em', that is their choice, but as they say a picture paints a thousand words, and these are my pictures. I have no need to lie about the ranges these animals were shot at either, I merely wanted to support a fellow long range shooter.

If you shoot at 'normal' ranges with your centrefires, fair play to you if that suits you and the animals don't suffer, but, please, please, do not slag the guy's off that 'can' stretch the legs of their rifles and do it accurately.

Ackley,. . . . . Go get em' fella'

Regards,Sprags

Hi Spags

I saw you hovering around this thread,uits no good telling these people what can be done and even postings photos they still cant get there head around it and accuse you of cheating

you and I know exactlty what can be acheived the problem is these guys shoot factory sticks with **** poor ammo,what more can you expect :lol::lol::lol:

its a goof job certain people on this thread only use this site as they woulod have a heart attack on uk longrange,can you imagain "no you cant do that,thats world class,my rifles are tool,outlandish claims" just afew of the stupid comments

Edited by Ackley

Oh, apologies,. . . . the .243 Ack Imp......

LoadDev243ai005Medium.jpg

Sprags

is it a "tool" I think somepeople call them field rifles,Iam sure you use it more than most,you know the ones that just talk about shooting from there keyboards

Sprags

is it a "tool" I think somepeople call them field rifles,Iam sure you use it more than most,you know the ones that just talk about shooting from there keyboards

I think your spot on there mate, most people spend more time on here talkin the talk and claiming 150-200 yards head shots with their HMR CZ rifles but when they no nothin about your kit or your standard of shooting the are non believers.

Now if you claimed to have done it with their CZ then people would jump on the band wagon and claim to do it too, possibly even better!

I don't know you but I hope you do shut the doubters up as for the ones gettin aggressive and throwing insults about,grow up as i am pretty sure you would not be sayin it to peoples faces. . . Without it makin your nose bleed! But your ok because your safe behind your pc!

What Range?

far far from world class mate,I domnt know where you get this rubbish from,anyway i will akl agaon "WHAT SHOOTING PUBLISHCATION DO YOU CLAIM YOU WRIGHT FOR"

dont please dont tell me to shut the **** up unless your prepared to say that to my face,as I said before grow up and act like an adult as you are acting and posting like a child

I, and most others here are sick of you inanane ramblings, 2" groups at 500 yards are V Bull easily, that's .1 extra each, that means you will be World Champion with a perfect score! :lol::lol: From memory I think the X ring is 6" at 500 yards, (someone will confirm), 2" groups are World Class!

See the other thread you started about me, anything else you would like to do to take things off track?!

15 May...what range at Bisley? Would I be correct in assuming Century, who is it be booked under so I can check the lane/s upon arrival?

I think your spot on there mate, most people spend more time on here talkin the talk and claiming 150-200 yards head shots with their HMR CZ rifles but when they no nothin about your kit or your standard of shooting the are non believers.

Now if you claimed to have done it with their CZ then people would jump on the band wagon and claim to do it too, possibly even better!

I don't know you but I hope you do shut the doubters up as for the ones gettin aggressive and throwing insults about,grow up as i am pretty sure you would not be sayin it to peoples faces. . . Without it makin your nose bleed! But your ok because your safe behind your pc!

vmobiler don't let it rattle you,its just a pigeon watch forum and this is what happens. You know what you know and your rifle does what it does.Theres a hard core of know it alls that can tap keys pretty good. If you scrap away the cat fights you can usually find out what you want to know from someone who has actually done it. I wonder sometimes if Robbosam is still working under several other alias ie dekers & kent,just joking and adding a bit of fuel.Happy slaggin,its all just fun :D

well done Dekers for getting my other post removed,dont think you have got away that easy :no:

OK you say you wright for "sporting shooter magazine" thats great I woulod like you to direct me to your published works so I can have a read hopefully I may learn something from them

next thing is regarding your expert opinions on zeroing at 100 yards,may I suggest you actually read the articles in the mag you claim to wright for instead of spouting rubbish on here,as obviously you havnt read them

http://www.sportingshooter.co.uk/guns-and-shooting/shoot-better/rifle-shooting-tips

shooting instructor my *** :lol:

by the way google shooting world records you will find your so wrong about a 2 inch group at 500 yards being world class

i will await your appology on that one,by the way nothing ws taken off track,if you would have answered my question on this thread there would have been no need for another one,buy still no published work shown

heres again is my 2x 500 yard 4 shots groups espeically for you,by the way these where shot fireforming off a bipod using my home made bench down the fields :lol::lol::lol::lol: but i suspose Iam lieing

Picture.jpg

veiw from 500 yards to the tiny white target board,but agian its probably trick photogrophy

Picture616.jpg

Edited by Ackley

well done Dekers for getting my other post removed,dont think you have got away that easy :no:

OK you say you wright for "sporting shooter magazine" thats great I woulod like you to direct me to your published works so I can have a read hopefully I may learn something from them

next thing is regarding your expert opinions on zeroing at 100 yards,may I suggest you actually read the articles in the mag you claim to wright for instead of sputing rubbish on here,as obviouly you havnt read them

http://www.sportingshooter.co.uk/guns-and-shooting/shoot-better/rifle-shooting-tips

shooting instructor my *** :lol:

by the way google shooting world records you will find your so wrong about a 2 inch group at 500 yards being world class

i will await your appology on that one

I don't know why your other post was removed in which I fully answered your questions. Shame you didn't read it properly, I didn't, and don't claim to write for Sporting Shooter. Some of my work has appeared in the mag, as with other mags, once again you are showing your lack of comprehension. I gave you details there, I'm not playing dumb games with you, I have answered your questions and also showed you a picture that was published all over the world, and I don't claim to write for all the magazines around the world the picture was featured in either!

I am not making wild claims and I have no interest in debating anything with you, YOU claim to shoot 2" groups at 500 yards not me, lets see it then on 15 May.

Perhaps you would like to tell the world what there is to debate until then?

I have made it clear I will shake your hand IF you do it!

15 May?

I think this needs dropping now, from what I have read on other forums, and from what I have heard of ackley from those that have met him, I think he has nothing at all to prove, seems he has shut more than a few up in the past :good: unlike our homeoffice advisor :hmm:

KW

Keep the personal insults out of the discussion, or leave it to the members that can.

If you have personal grievances take them to PM, or elsewhere.

appologies if i have offended anyone,it wasnt my intentions,its a shame others dont feel the same way

Edited by Ackley

Do bear in mind the F class bull is half MOA, so this shooting, while excellent, is in keeping with F class shooters.

thats correct the new F class X ring is 2.5 inch

by the way Dekers the world 600 yard record is only 1.071

Edited by Ackley