243 and 200yd zero.

it wasn't me who claimed such, its quite possible to post results here though so please do the above - but i supose its not a real comp just a few mates hey :rolleyes:

yea just an internet forum shooting club having a get togeather,I do think there having a in house comp,whats a real comp ?? as long as one can do the business what does it matter

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yea just an internet forum shooting club having a get togeather,I do think there having a in house comp,whats a real comp ?? as long as one can do the business what does it matter

somewere your world leading shooting might be verified for all to see, i have mentioned before how sad it is you don't shoot f-class or f- t/r as i am sure nobody could challenge you

Simply its all in the wording, on the quick look I've just had setting up an inch high at 100 effectively gives you a 170 yard zero. Can be checked in the field before I get a hard time but that means you have a little over an inch drop at 200 yards then obviously is shooting an inch high at 100.

In real world use on deer that is point and shoot out to 200 yards.

If you zero at 100 that gives a little over 3" drop at 200 which still is pretty much point and shoot but not ideal to most. Thats all in theory from remington and their quick calculator so will depend on lots of variables but try it in the field.

As a few have said head shots are not ideal I'd suggest if its the only shot you take then get a lurcher as you will need it at some point to clear up the mess you get yourself into.

oh gosh don't get me on lurchers and deer and the illegality and calous cruelty involved :rolleyes: i know what you mean though if you look at recovered wounded satisics with trained deer dogs its very low

somewere your world leading shooting might be verified for all to see, i have mentioned before how sad it is you don't shoot f-class or f- t/r as i am sure nobody could challenge you

thank you for your confidence in me but Iam sure there is someone infact probably several,I take it your all mouth and no trousers then seeing you wont put money on the table

Edited by Ackley

Ackley, the time has come to put up or shut up, I'm at Bisley REGULARLY, and can arrange to be there almost any time anyway.

Kindly stop all the BULL, if you are hitting 2" groups at 500 yards on a consistant basis you are welcome to show me!

That is .1 EXRA EVERY SHOT EASILY AND BETTER THAN WORLD CLASS!

...on top of which, whatever you or I, or anyone else can do on the range, it is a whole different ballpark with a field tool IN THE FIELD!

Pick a Date! :yes::good:

Ackley, the time has come to put up or shut up, I'm at Bisley REGULARLY, and can arrange to be there almost any time anyway.

Kindly stop all the BULL, if you are hitting 2" groups at 500 yards on a consistant basis you are welcome to show me!

...on top of which, whatever you or I, or anyone else can do on the range, it is a whole different ballpark with a field tool IN THE FIELD!

15th may,provided my pups can be looked after by someone as i said,if not shoot up here any time you like I have loads of land to get to 500 yards quite easy

by the way my rifles are field tools as you put it,you guys should get a decent rifle :lol::lol:

Edited by Ackley

only one way to settle it

FIGHT!!!

thank you for your confidence in me but Iam sure there is someone infact probably several,I take it your all mouth and no trousers then seeing you wont put money on the table

if you meet Dekkers there is only one possible outcome but i think you just might possibly have trouble with them puppies :lol: you just don't get the fact that there are persons on here who have actually been out there thousands of times proving these things among thier peer groups it is only you who needs to prove anything with your outlandish, claims.

hey it's not just 2" at 500yds they are on target also remember (all you do is dial in the drop mate) :rolleyes:

if you meet Dekkers there is only one possible outcome but i think you just might possibly have trouble with them puppies :lol: you just don't get the fact that there are persons on here who have actually been out there thousands of times proving these things among thier peer groups it is only you who needs to prove anything with your outlandish, claims.

what ever you say mate,as it must be right :rolleyes:

by the way I never said i had to proopve anyhting,I was told I cant do it,amazing that isnt it

by the way I love head shooting deer conditions conditions being right that is,espeically when you have an accurate rifle :P

Edited by Ackley

hey it's not just 2" at 500yds they are on target also remember (all you do is dial in the drop mate) :rolleyes:

thanks for telling me as I didnt know that,I thought you just aimed at the sky and hoped,the wind I just light a cigar

Edited by Ackley

i suspect this is not a chroned 2950 as taking the middle ground of 4 1/2 " low at 200 seems to great a drop from a 150 zero. ok a lot depends on the setup but for the bullet traveling at a mv of 2950 thats a heck of a lot of drop over 50 yds. at 150 a 100yds zero is only going to be around 1" low remember and will only drop another 2" or so- your doubling or more the drop that would be expected. I should chrono these rounds mate they might not even be deer legal

Hey guys the thing is drop don't mean a whole heap when you consider that a full value 10mph gust is going to move .243" bullets near enough 5" sideways, so even a mere 5mph gust is gonna move you near as makes no matter as your 200 drop and a more usual highland breeze of 15-20mph is going to push that pill sideways 7- 10" . Of course thats all fine untill you factor in uplift from ground rising and wind chaneling etc,etc. The only way to learn all this is get out and shoot in those conditions, theorising and guesswork is all well and good but tends to make you look a fool out in the field

hey before anyone talks balistic programs these are off the top of my head SWAG calcs based on unknown bullet etc. but i bet they aren't far out :good:

You had me worried so I have revisited my range book and now realise I gave some incorrect information in my original post, 100yd zero gives just over 3" drop at 200yds the almost 13 inches at 300yds is still right though, the 2950fps velocity is taken from the powder bottle, i ahve checked the manufacturers data and some reloading test data and these were tested with a longer barrel than I have so I would guess mine are doing a bit over 2800, they certainly kill everything I shoot them at

mikee

Ackley, I am intrigued, and not that far from you. I would genuinely quite like to see a 2" group at 500 yards, and wouldn't mind a go on a rifle that does it, either!

your most welcome to come and have a go in fact I may be out for a play tommorrow as a couple of mates wants to test there loads and i need to fireform some new brass

500yard long barreled rifles are not allowed in this range test by the way... :lol:

i'm betting 3-1 there a puppy problem... :lol:

good one,looks like you have found a sence of hunour :rolleyes:

as I said I may be at Bisley depending on care for my litter as the wife and kids will be away that weekend at centre park,the pups are dooing great by the way just on the lawn at the min in the sun

but again as i said anyone is welcome to come up to me and even have a go :lol:

I would save your money mate instead og betting and spend it on a decent rifle and reloading kit :P

Edited by Ackley

will we get a final out come on this :good:

Im hoping this challenge is on, and pigeon watch members will be the jury, the question is will a chap who seems assured his capabilities and his gun are up to the challenge :good: actually come up against the site resident know all, I for one would pay to watch, how about a charity do :good: as to me an average joe who is more than happy if his el cheapo .243 is capable of dropping a fox @160 yards without to much thought, 500 yards is farther than I can see with my scope.

KW

Edited by kdubya

Im hoping this challenge is on, and pigeon watch members will be the jury, the question is will a chap who seems assured his capabilities and his gun are up to the challenge :good: actually come up against the site resident know all, I for one would pay to watch, how about a charity do :good: as to me an average joe who is more than happy if his el cheapo .243 is capable of dropping a fox @160 yards without to much thought, 500 yards is farther than I can see with my scope.

KW

mate when one has owed the same rifle for over 7 years and has done all the testing and actually gets out and uses it instead of siting at a keyboard,I think i know what myself and my kit is capable of,dont you think

instead of these sceptics running someonedown because they cant do it,should out a board out and try it

I dont need a Jury mate,Ive prooved it time and time again,the thing that amazes me no one has even asked what rifles I use

also please dont accuse me of being a "know all" Iam far form that as we all can learn something from other people,I know I do

Edited by Ackley