243 and 200yd zero.

Why are you being so offensive? Ackley and Dekers can crack on with their argument, apart from corrections doesn't really need any input.

You've not said anything about the matter at hand, so I don't see why you're posting anything?

Incidentally, regarding the articles, I have seen at least one of them in print, so they do exist. Hard copy though so I cannot post a link - I would if I could.

have you tried yellow pages? worked for jr hartley?

KW

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

heres a drop chart using real time data from my 243AI with a 100 yard zero only .50 MOA (1/2 inch) needed at 200 yards

0 0.00 0.00 0.00 -1.9 0.0 0.0 3800 1507 0.0 0.0000

25 4.50 0.25 0.00 -1.2 -0.0 0.0 3703 1431 -0.1 0.0200

50 1.25 0.25 0.00 -0.6 -0.2 0.0 3608 1358 -0.3 0.0405

75 0.25 0.50 0.00 -0.2 -0.4 0.0 3515 1289 -0.7 0.0615

100 0.00 0.75 0.00 -0.0 -0.7 0.0 3424 1223 -1.3 0.0832

125 -0.00 1.00 0.00 0.0 -1.2 0.0 3335 1160 -2.0 0.1053

150 0.00 1.00 0.00 -0.1 -1.7 0.0 3248 1101 -3.0 0.1281

175 0.25 1.25 0.00 -0.5 -2.3 0.0 3163 1044 -4.2 0.1515

200 0.50 1.50 0.00 -1.1 -3.1 0.0 3080 990 -5.5 0.1755

I was thinking more 243 win than 243 ackley improved but thanks anyway :good:

No, you are `blowing` it as you are unwilling to `defend` it. I didn't throw the gauntlet down but, as a spectator, it is hilarious and I'm frankly dissapointed as I was itching to see the results, for better or worse.

pray tell oh great one,why Iam I unwilling to defend ?? if you want to see results mate pop down to junc28 of the M1 tommorrow and i will show you,I can make a spare hour just for you

so we will see how "itchy" you really are

Well, i'd love to BUT, erm , ahh, ooh, its the wife's birthday tommorrow and i just sold some of my toys for 3 grand to buy her some new boobs and im keen to play with those puppies.

fair enough if your busy Monday,Iam free all week just YOU let me know,unless your making excuses that is :rolleyes:

Oh, i know im not good enough.

maybe you should invest in a decent built rifle instead of plastic tits for the wife :lol::lol::lol:

dont forget to post some photos of those "puppies"

Edited by Ackley

So its gone from a grouping contest to a puppy challenge and now were heading for a grop-a-thon ....

nurse get me the pills ....

I must have missed something along the way,"what contest" I didnt know there was one :rolleyes:

My puppies were a joke excuse for non attendance, ackleys were an excuse for a joke attendance.

I have no need to attend the egg shoot,dosent interest me,I can shoot to my heart is content 7 days a week locally,as I said seeing your so interested your invited any time you are free,Wakefield is less than 45 mins away,infact bring your gun

I await your excsues :rolleyes::lol:

Edited by Ackley

My puppies were a joke excuse for non attendance, ackleys were an excuse for a joke attendance.

:lol::lol: class!! that did make me chuckle :good: , can't believe this has lasted 10 pages! :lol::lol:

Edited by gixer1

I dont need to make excuses, i have said previously, im far too far below yor league to compete. I have proven myself in public to be 0.3" shy of your self proclaimed talent and i hear so much bad news about certain characters from trusted sources i dont want to take a day off my own life to prostrate myself at the feet of the uk forum scene's loudest trumpet. Plus, i hear you are a big chap and im just a little afraid, well, us public school boys, it is all true you know;-)

who said anything about competing,its just a boys jolly,you know an informal hour or so shooting the breeze so to speak,you are most welcome.

whats you public education got to do with anything ??

loudest trumpet,thats a good one,I could say the same about self proclaimed experts that wright for shooting pubications :lol:

nothing wrong with being pasionate about something you like doing,wouldnt you agree Chris :hmm: sorry but Iam not the sort of chap that rolls over and ignore rubbish that people spout on these forums which puts people off something they may wish to try

anyway if that the best excuse you can come up with me being a big lad,its a bit laim,what do you think iam going to do "eat you" :lol::lol::lol: :

anyway Iam bored with this now as its getting silly as certain people are getting a little flustreated and i can see things turning ugly as they usually do when people dont get there way,I dont want to see anyone banned through people judging others by the own standards

Iam sure all will come to light soon enough,and shut a few sceptics up,then we can all be speical freinds again :lol::lol::P

Edited by Ackley

Well having skipped the c0ck measuring contest between pages 3 and 10 I have to say I am surprised at the drop on factory ammo for the 243win.

I just added one to my ever expanding list on my FAC but have spent 20years shooting 270.

a 100yd zero give a -2.64" drop at 200yd with norma 130gn 270.

But the reverse is not the same

200yd zero gives +1.3" at 100yds

but a 1" high at 100yd gives a 190yd zero.

hundreds of stalkers around the country "zero" their rifles 1" high at 100yds on this basis. no holdover and MPBR for expected quarry ranges and no turret twiddling.

Anyway, I am available for dog sitting on the 15th of May if anyone needs me.....

not excited Pete, just surprised.....and to be honest I also have heard a few things from other sources but won't get involved in this as we've had our quarrels...and it just went round in circles didn't it....you seem to get excited but then claim everyone else is....look at the most common person on this thread, you have been watching it like a hawk.. :lol: you? excited? nooooo.....not at all... :lol:

but if you prove this to the forum with other non-mate members present I know of one guy that would give you some good money. ;)

I will now just sit back and drop in to see the thread now and again... :good:

Regards,

Gixer

Well having skipped the c0ck measuring contest between pages 3 and 10 I have to say I am surprised at the drop on factory ammo for the 243win.

I just added one to my ever expanding list on my FAC but have spent 20years shooting 270.

a 100yd zero give a -2.64" drop at 200yd with norma 130gn 270.

But the reverse is not the same

200yd zero gives +1.3" at 100yds

but a 1" high at 100yd gives a 190yd zero.

hundreds of stalkers around the country "zero" their rifles 1" high at 100yds on this basis. no holdover and MPBR for expected quarry ranges and no turret twiddling.

Anyway, I am available for dog sitting on the 15th of May if anyone needs me.....

Take it that you've got DSC 1 or 2 then!?