day 3 of permiton

madazrex

Ok guys and girls !

Day 3 of new permition tally 2 crows 1 visit off armed responce unit

well yesterday night after cheking out one of my outher places of the permition i have been granted approx 22.00 i was met by 2 police men in a land rover discovery, doinga pmc on my car.

he then asks me you know what iam going to ask you now ?

i replied no but any way the story was that a Army man had been see entering the filed brandershing a GUN ? ( sorry i was in camo it's all in fation what can i say ;) .

any way they were very nice and i just said please can i put my air rifel down while i get all my relivent paper work out of my jacket i then provied them with

1 my BASC id and inshurance

2 permition to shoot documtation countersined by the land owner

3 detailed maps of where iam allowed to shoot

all i can say commendable of the officers how the treted me and there is a lot to be said for having your paper work in order.

just to help them out i am to ring every time i go shooting in the areas i go in and get a log number so this can save them having to come out .

What do you all think do you all carry your paper work ?

Edited by madazrex

I tend to carry my SGC. Dont have written permission but landowners are only a phonecall away for confirmation

do you have to notify the police as well ? or would you just go out ? i can see this from bouth angles and was just wondering what every one els dose

Are you from Poland ? Italy ? Spain ? Germany ? As i sense you might be non native

Sorry to disappoint you bud I am very English but very bad at spelling but I have a wicked senses of humour.

look you even made me use my word for my spelling lol !

Did I read this right?-you have agreed to ring the police and tell them when you are shooting? There is absolutely no obligation for you to do this-If they want to send a couple of bobbies out on a wild goose chase then thats their decision-you are perfectly within your rights to shoot without informing them and,in my opinion,this kind of behaviour should be discouraged.

Did I read this right?-you have agreed to ring the police and tell them when you are shooting? There is absolutely no obligation for you to do this-If they want to send a couple of bobbies out on a wild goose chase then thats their decision-you are perfectly within your rights to shoot without informing them and,in my opinion,this kind of behaviour should be discouraged.

yes this is what they asked me to do i too thought it was a littel pain in the bum but i also ask him if this was the same for the farmers he said it was and that they should notify

them to save them being called out.

yes this is what they asked me to do i too thought it was a littel pain in the bum but i also ask him if this was the same for the farmers he said it was and that they should notify

them to save them being called out.

Do you notify the Transport Police when you take the car out?

No.

No need to notify them. If they get another call about some SAS sniper in the fields, they should know it's you. If not, let them come out for a jolly. No need to bend over backwards. You're not doing anything shady. Get on with your business.

Any report of persons armed or appears to be armed will be checked into.

You will then find yourself really popular very quickly.

Your under no obligation to advise your relevant force, but nothing ruins your night / day than an ARV with lights and whelps going :yes:

This notifying the police business has been done to death.

Some appear to be adamant never to do it, such is life.

I do and I don't as the situation dictates, if you are shooting pigeons on the shop floor of a major supermarket in the High Street at night with lights blazing for the night staff to stock the shelves and every womble possible walking past outside, it is usually a good idea to let the police know.

This ... "I NEVER DO AND NEVER INTEND TO ADVISE THE POLICE" ..... is a little naive and short sighted!

ATB!

I think to wrap it up is that if your possably going to be seen by the public entering your shooting area mabe it would be wise to notify the ploice just to get a log number.

I will from now on will use my better judgement to see if it warrented to let them know

And would like to thank you all for your imput and advice ;)

Jason .

Edited by madazrex

I think again that common sense prevails. If your likely to get spotted every time you are out. Then it's worth a 2 min call and log. If for some bonkers reason all hell broke loose and the rossers turned up all guns blasing, copters and the works then ask yourself: is your permission going to be jepodised? All for; and I agree you shouldn't, a quick phone call!!!

If however your permission is 20 miles from the nearest sight of civilisation then it's highly unlikely and I wouldn't bother.

I lamp in the winter at a permission that can be seen from passing trains. You'll be amazed at how many people report strange lights in the middle of fields...

Happy hunting

• 2 weeks later...

Do you notify the Transport Police when you take the car out?

No.

No need to notify them. If they get another call about some SAS sniper in the fields, they should know it's you. If not, let them come out for a jolly. No need to bend over backwards. You're not doing anything shady. Get on with your business.

Interesting one and not necessarily as clear cut as you suggest. My permission is at a school in South West London and apart from the air rifles, my son (also with written permission and a SGC) has started taking his moderated Mossberg 20. Now, should I warn the local bobbies when we are likely to be on site or should we wait for a member of Joe Public to report seeing us, then await arrival of SO19/CO19 who think another Dunblaine may be on the cards? S019 don't **** about, they'll shoot you for carrying a table leg in a bag then ask questions afterwards....

What a dilemma.

Bottom line is that it costs little to cover your backside and do whatever is necessary to minimise the potential impact of your activities even if outsiders have absolutely no business with what you're doing. Sometimes you might think it's not worth bothering Bill but sometimes it pays you to do so; hopefully you'll do what's right in your situation.

(Did I mention we wear dayglo tabards with 'Pest Control' clearly printed across the back?)

Shoot safe!

Edited by greywolf1958

i agree with bruno, dont get in the habit of calling cops, if they want to keep coming out because some do-gooder dont want you shooting gods furry little pests thats there problem. just remeber DONT run when they shout STOP, lol