Spotlighting with the Led Lenser

Hello all,

I bought a new Led Lenser P7 a couple of weeks ago and I took it up to the farm to try it out with the idea of doing some spotlighting with it and the Brno model 2. I loaded up some Winchester Power Points after dragging myself away from the fireplace and set off around sunset. It looked so nice I took a couple of pictures but it was freezing outside!

post-35783-0-89059400-1305848286.jpg

So after taking the snaps I set off towards the paddocks where I thought there would be some action with a bunny or two. By this time I was pulling the wool beanie down as far as I could trying to cover my ears and turning on the Led Lenser, sure enough some eyes started shining. Up with the little Brno and the first rabbit got it in the neck. I kept going towards the paddock and having a look there revealed some more eyes. Two hares fell to the Brno and I was impressed with the new torch.

post-35783-0-61022200-1305848368.jpg

post-35783-0-50094800-1305848603.jpg

By this stage I had walked a fair way so I started back towards the farmhouse having a shine of the torch then going back to the dark again. There was a full moon trying to come out but too much cloud kept it just about right for me to see the track. I was starting to see some eyes on the far side of the paddock, maybe a hundred metres or so away but by the time I got the rifle up for a look they would be gone.

I rounded the corner and there by the track were the eyes only about 40 metres away. Up came the rifle and sure enough a nice feral cat was as interested in me as I was in it. Well the light was the last thing it saw and kitty's days of marauding in the bush killing whatever it likes were over.

They are a massive problem in Australia, killing native birds, lizards and small marsupials which are on the endangered list. They are a prize for shooters, right up there with foxes.

Cheers, Dave

post-35783-0-11193500-1305849215.jpg

It was down to about 4 or 5 degrees the other night. Not freezing but very cold and fortunately no wind. The ground is often white in the morning from the frost.

During the day it might get to 18 or 19 degrees which is pretty comfortable. Once the sun goes down it gets cold reasonably quickly.

Dave

nice shooting, we too get the odd feral feline do you find that some are monsters compared to normal domestic cats?

p.s thats a record on here pussy pictures normally get removed very fast :lol:

Especially Ginger ones :good:

By this stage I had walked a fair way so I started back towards the farmhouse having a shine of the torch then going back to the dark again. There was a full moon trying to come out but too much cloud kept it just about right for me to see the track. I was starting to see some eyes on the far side of the paddock, maybe a hundred metres or so away but by the time I got the rifle up for a look they would be gone.

I rounded the corner and there by the track were the eyes only about 40 metres away. Up came the rifle and sure enough a nice feral cat was as interested in me as I was in it. Well the light was the last thing it saw and kitty's days of marauding in the bush killing whatever it likes were over.

They are a massive problem in Australia, killing native birds, lizards and small marsupials which are on the endangered list. They are a prize for shooters, right up there with foxes.

Cheers, Dave

wheeeyyy moggy down

The world certainly won't miss any cats that get whacked. I have shot a larger one on the farm, an all black one that was very solid. I was in the right place at the right time just after shooting some rabbits. I had the 6mmBR and shot her with a 75 grain Vmax right in the chest. She kicked and rolled around for about 10 seconds before it was dead. It probably could have taken my leg off so I was very sure it was dead before I picked it up. :look:

I love the Led Lenser. If anyone is considering buying an led torch, have a look at them.

Cheers

Dave