PW RIFLE MEET CATTON HALL

SPARKIE

MODS CAN THIS BE MADE A STICKY PLEASE SO IT DON'T FALL FROM THE RADAR. THANKS

Just a reminder for all who haven't seen the dates been set for 11th 12th 13th may 2012. We can meet up and set camp on the Friday night and have a few beers ready for the shoot sat/Sunday

How many of you guys would be interested in a rifle shooting meet to replace Bisley BUT without the range cert rubbish. camping, drinking, bbq, and good company. just cant cater for the hairy bikers and harleys.it was On the way over to Bedford i was thinking about a rifle shoot iv'e been on today which was set in the surrounding area of catton hall stafford. The shoot consists of silohette targets consisting of muntys, fox, rabbits, babboons, boar,and pheasents from 40-150 yards in a valley which are markable and 200-400 yards steel silohette gong targets which are painted again these vary from discs to fox and hares. the chap is also hoping to get a field there and set targets out to 800yards but this isnt set in concrete yet. There is also a running deer target and a woodland walk for stalking targets which has deer and fox targets set out hidden and you have to shoot of high bipods or sticks. I mentioned this to a few lads at bedford and they agreed it could be a good idea so ive had a word with carl who runs it and he would be happy to arrange a weekend for us where we could camp over and shoot for 2 days if required ive got a rough price of him and if i can get 50+ guns we can shoot there for £20 a day so £40 for a weekends shooting and maybe a few pound for camping which we can camp for 3 nights. Ive been to the shoot 3 times now and really enjoyed it. Its run really well and set out great. now the legal bit the land is passed for 30cal but there happy for people to shoot bigger if they have open ticket and its classed as zeroing not target shooting so unsure how people with just target guns will go on about this.

oh neerly forgot they can also cater for a driven flush of clays but im unsure on price for that but they can get 16 clays in the air at the same time and also airgunning range can be set up if required.

here's the link to the shoot as you can see there are dates booked already each month and the chap that runs it has to work round the game shooting season and land owners crops have a look and see what ya think.

http://www.cattonriflesport.co.uk/

• 1 month later...

I've not got a rifle but I'm up for clays, burgers and cider.

Surprisingly being a Bisley veteran of 4 consecutive years hasn't put me off meeting up with you lot again. :lol:

FM

im sure someone will let ya have a play with there guns fm ya can have a go on mine..

there will be plenty of targets from 40-150yrds suitable for rimmies too.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...