• Monday 8th August
    • Monday 22nd August
    • Monday 12th September

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can confirm it was drowned :yes:

The gold medal buck that I've had my eye on for a few months was having a drink from a stream & I couldn't get a safe shot off, and not wanting to spoil any meat for the butchery display I decided on the Stealth Stalker approach.

Living up to my name, I figured if I got down wind & used all available cover I could stealthily creep up behind him. I was about 60 yards away & making good progress, 20 yards! and the cover was now non existant, I had to take things real slow!

Thankfully this was one thirsty buck :yes:

Closing in to around 12 yards, 'SNAP' I hadn't seen the twig under my foot. I froze, the buck looked me straight in the eyes, we were in a stand off! It seemed like hours, but was only probably 20 minutes! Thankfully the parched Munty continued quenching his thirst.

I crept on inch by inch placing each foot safely down on the woodland floor, I was thankfull I'd taken the precaution to ditch the wellies & don my rabbit fur lined moccasin slippers.

Closing in for the kill, I slipped my trusty bowie knife from its sheath & grasped it between my teeth, this was a big buck & I'd need both hands free to hold him down, a yard away he sensed something & kicked the knife out of my mouth :o I had to act quick, so I pounced on him, we both went in to the stream. I managed to grasp one of those long gold medal antlers before I was gouged in the face, that was his downfall. I now had a good hold on him and was able hold him down under the water.

I felt the life ebbing out of him. The hunter had got his reward :good:

And you lot get your venison, I don't know? the things I do for you lot :lol::lol:

SS

parking is rubbish near the pub (and the wardens patrol right up to the 8pm bay time),

so i'd suggest parking in the Upton Ave open air car park - it's only 1 mins walk, or there's the Christopher Place underground car park on Upper Dagnall St (shuts at 11.30pm though).