Fixing stealth netting to poles

barrie0

Right chaps , got my stealth netting today and was a bit disappointed to find no string/rope on the ends to tie the end of the net to the poles . Only way I can see is to thread the front part of the net onto the pole but with that method it looks like it won't take long to rip on a windy day . So what methods do you use to fix your net onto your poles maybe some kind of peg ? or something . Apart from that it looks the dogs b&^%£$%s .

I found the same as you, but I use the cammo itself to hook it on the poles, you roll it over the top if that makes sense :oops:

At the bottom I shove a pole through a conveient hole in the cmmo part - not the netting behind.

It is very strong and hasn't torn yet and I have been out on some windy days with it, and yes at this time of year anyway it is the dogs, I particularly like the fact you can't snag your barrels on the inside ???

barrie,

Despite all the lovely little tips, YOU DON'T NEED ANYTHING. Just follow the advice I suggested for your STEALTH netting, it works fine and costs nothing.

You don't have to believe me, ask Will Beasley and he will say exactly the same. :oops:

Went down to b+q and the clamps were £2-3 each , so I will try deako's tip first tommorow , but surely what about the net at the bottom and side of the poles as its bound to flap about in the wind if not tied down . ? . If not I will start off with the cheapest tips now , ie twine and reusable cable ties as I ended up buying another teague extended choke (skeet) today to go with my 1/4+1/2 teagues which by the way are cracking chokes . :rolleyes:

If all this is too much get yourself one of those brass eyelet kits and fit them around the edge.

Stupid question time

As there is a serious lack of traditional ironmongers around here what mainstream store sell these kits ?

Cheers

mmm not sure, had mine for a good few years. Robert Dyas? Craft type stores? or the ubiquitous EBay.

the best way i have found for this net is to use cable ties so that it has a two inch loop start of by putting one in each corner top and bottom then one 2 1/2 foot in from the corner top and bottom ,then you can put your pole in to the bottom cable tie first, then into the top cable tie and adjust and so on its real easy its how iv done my ,,get your self two pieces of string and two tent pegs so you can surport the net so

it keeps it from sagging in the middle ,its what you need on a windy day or soft ground

After using the net as Deako suggested and adding some string ties to both ends of the net it works a treat . It has also made a considerable difference to my shooting as the birds don't seem to see the net at all , and the view from inside the net is not restricted at all . I should have bought one ages ago . :huh:

i take it this stealth netting is the stuff with the fine black netting on the back :blink:?

well if it is i dont like it as when you are looking through it it darkens my vision and when i pop up to shoot the pigeon over the hide my eyes have to adjust to the rush of light and i blame this for me missing several pigeons my excuse and im sticking to it ha ha ha. i dont own one of these nets personaly but my mate dose and i shot from it one day only and vowed never again this is just me and my wonky eyes mind because my mate loves it and the pigeons dont see him behind it. it is very well made and if easy to build but not for me

cheers kirky :good: :unsure: