The Alarm Clock Method!

I was contacted by a member the other day asking me if I could explain how to set up the alarm clock method for foxes. I replied to the PM as best I could but I thought it might be easier for newcommers to fox shooting to understand if I made a short video showing how it is done.

If there is anything in the video that you don't understand please let me know and I will do my best to help you out.

Edited by Frenchieboy

Thanks Pete Im glad i picked up on that other thread and sent you an email that was an excellent video its nice to see that members go that extra mile to help one and other im sure it will help not just me but many new comer to foxing.

Again Thanks for your time and grea video

Ps do you use ropes for saftey when shooting them cliffs look a bit deadly.

Sixhills 69

great vid thanks would of been good to see it the next morning after he the fox had been

I couldn't agree more mate. I wll obviously be going up tomorrow morning to check it so I will take the camcorder with me and do a short follow up video to show the results!

Ps do you use ropes for saftey when shooting them cliffs look a bit deadly.

Sixhills 69

No mate! :no: I'm that thick skulled if I fell and landed on my head the onlt thing that would get damaged is the stone that I fell on! :rolleyes::lol::lol::rolleyes:

I've been out and checked the clock this morning and am in the process of editing the video and uploading it on to YouTube. I will put a post up with the link later today!

well done another great vid....

we call them alarm mines, i mount my clocks in a plastic sandwich tub with a hole in it (keeps weather out) and use fishing line which I find is a bit stronger but basically just the same, mind its always a pain when they go off at 4am :lol:

well done another great vid....

we call them alarm mines, i mount my clocks in a plastic sandwich tub with a hole in it (keeps weather out) and use fishing line which I find is a bit stronger but basically just the same, mind its always a pain when they go off at 4am :lol:

Good thought Pavman, I will try that myself! You have just proven that no matter how much you think you know there is always more to learn!

Thanks mate! :good:

Top video from a top man. :good::good::good::good: I thinks it's great that someone is willing to share the information they've gained to help others. As said before, you'll be giving fieldsports tv a run for their money.

Great video frenchieboy, keep em coming!

I use electrical tape around the battery in mine, just 6 inch or so saves jamming the battery in with fishing line around it, the tape goes around the battery then sticky side to sticky side to save it winding undone, then tie it off with the fishing line. The battery needs to be 'set' or it can be to difficult to pull. Snappies bag for weather resistance, and more tape to attach to a pole / tree / whatever. Been using this method since i was a teenager and the tape works best IMHO.

• 2 weeks later...