Change to Open ticket on renewal

jonno

Do you have to specifically ask for an open ticket when you renew your licence? I'm about to put in my renewal so do you have to bring it up during the FEO's visit or request it in writing or do you get it automatically? (I can hear the laughter already!) Thanks.

When I put mine in for renewall in January along with a variation for my 243 it came back open for the rimfires and the addition of the 243 also open.This was Northumbria.I did not ask and I did not know until today that it was open.

I sent them a mail today to ask them to open it and they replied that it already was.Low and behold when I looked it is.Good old Northumbria

the fao came to see the lad about his (fac) i was here so asked him to get mine opened up he said (give it here and i will do it when i get back) had it back in 10 days all open 22lr 17hmr 243 cf BUT THE FAO FOR WREXHAM IS GOOD LAD he looked how much land i had and how many rounds i had used over 2 years said no probs

When I put mine in for renewall in January along with a variation for my 243 it came back open for the rimfires and the addition of the 243 also open.This was Northumbria.I did not ask and I did not know until today that it was open.

I sent them a mail today to ask them to open it and they replied that it already was.Low and behold when I looked it is.Good old Northumbria

was told mine would be opened up on renewal....

They are coming out on August 2nd for renewal interview but will still ask them to open it

shaun

hi, ive just been through all this just recently, ive had my FAC for 2years with writen permission only.. meaning every new area of land i want to shoot i need written permission to shoot on it and to inform the firearms department. I phoned the Firearms department to ask if i could change this to an open ticket where i am able to decided if an area is safe to shoot myself. obv with the land owners permission!. anyway a long story short i wrote a letter asking if i could change the conditions of my certificate earlier as the current restrictions of informing the department of each and every new area im wanting to shoot is a logistical nightmare for me and the land owner. anyway what im trying to say is its possible aslong as you explain why you need an open ticket. my firearms department is durham and they seem really helpful not sure yours as ive heard some departments are a nightmare

Hi Yes you have to ask to be granted open not so easy as brad93 thinks. airrifle fac perhaps not so rim + CF, known some holders 15years+ not had one granted.Good luck though :good:

I never asked for mine to be open,it came back as open after sending it in for a change of address.That was for all calibres

Edited by landrover

Its free but it is not as simple as just asking.

I'm going through the process now. Covering letter explaining why you want the condition lifting. Plus, 1 (or preferably 2) letter(s) from 'experienced' FAC holders to confirm you are savvy, safe and of sound judgement.

Cross fingers, legs and eyes (but not when shooting).

This is in Herts by the way.