Recomended Cartridge

two-barrels

Eley HB pigeon, 6.5 shot size, 32 gram. 1/4 & 1/2 in the over and under, pigeons or clays. 1/4 in the semi.

The above formula is well tried and tested. I rareley change chokes, bjut do so if I am shooting skeet. I dont shoot down the line, I'm not fast enough, plus I find it boring.

webber

Eley HB pigeon, 6.5 shot size, 32 gram. 1/4 & 1/2 in the over and under, pigeons or clays. 1/4 in the semi.

The above formula is well tried and tested. I rareley change chokes, bjut do so if I am shooting skeet. I dont shoot down the line, I'm not fast enough, plus I find it boring.

webber

how many notches on end of choke is 1/4 please

(beretta) <_<

H

I find my cartridge / choke combination is good for theusual 25 to 35 yard shot. I only shoot fibre wads, for pigeon, game or clays.

However I did astound myself on Good Friday whilst decoying pigeon on rape.

1st pigeon, 1st shot. down like a brick, not a flap. Some time later when we left the hide to tidy up, my mate commented on how far away the pigeon was. I therefore paced the distance from hide to pigeon. It was 52 paces, which I rekon would be between 45 and 48 yards. I was pleased with the shot but do not normally take shots at that distance. I am still adjusting to new glasses, which seem to be doing the business as I shot like a good un on clays at Lindale on Easter Monday.

webber

ps It was around mid night when I made my previous post. Sorry, but I do need my ugly sleep.