.17HMR screw-up

CZ550Kevlar

A decent moderator for the hmr that doesn't need replacing every year or two? Look no further than the ASE Utra.

Seven years later and still performing as well as the day it was purchased. Cleaned only three times in that period. Lord knows how many thousands of bullets have passed through it, but it's a lot.

Never was the old adage 'buy cheap, buy twice' truer than when it comes to sound moderation.

Edited by mick miller

No moderator / silencer will stop the crack of a supersonic bullet. the silencer will only soften or mute the bang 0f the powder burn at the muzzle. Go and buy what you want and just say it is for your air rifle. no ticket required for that. Failing that if you know a mechanic with welding ability just get them to tack plain steel washers in there. Works a treat. On some silencers like the Parker Hale the hole in the middle of the baffles is sort of distorted to make the gas tumble.

I'll be changing my Sirocco II for a SAK this year. The build of the Sirocco is budget, and I now struggle to get the thing apart for cleaning. The baffles are well gassed out after just a few short year's use. SAK mods better imho.

Im with Mick Miller and a huge +1 for the ASE Utra.

Mine is either 8 or 9 years old and still like new! Its abit fiddley to clean/rebuild but it is very good! Its also the best moderator iv 'heard' on a .22

Downside - it adds more length as others to the barrel and it is probably the heaviest moderator for a rimfire... but the weight has never been an issue. Iv done alot of walked shooting with it.