Town Fox. Will it eat your cat

0145wirbelwind

Hi all

Town foxs are become a big problem were i live. They have started eating peoples house cats. Now some might say thats not a bad thing, but for me it is a big problem. The wife love her cat. Now a big dog fox attack and killed next doors cat last night(the noise woke us up and by that time it was to late). Can anyone tell me what can be dun about the problem of the town fox

I would love to get the gun out but that would cause so much trouble. Has anyone had this problem before

under the right conditions just shoot them, i`m in Croydon and London next week with a friend shooting foxes at a builders yard and a nursery. If you have no experience then cage trapping is far easier then either take it somewhere quiet and dispatch it or give it to someone with land that will do it for you if your worried about noise.

under the right conditions just shoot them, i`m in Croydon and London next week with a friend shooting foxes at a builders yard and a nursery. If you have no experience then cage trapping is far easier then either take it somewhere quiet and dispatch it or give it to someone with land that will do it for you if your worried about noise.

I have been shooting game and pest for years but NEVER in a houseing astate. Ok crows and pagpies with the air rifle in the back garden but never foxs with a shotgun. I have shot loads in the fields and farms . I think trapping might be the best way :good::good::good::good::good:

Edited by 0145wirbelwind

I have been shooting game and pest for years but NEVER in a houseing astate. Ok crows and pagpies with the air rifle in the back garden but never foxs with a shotgun. I have shot loads in the fields and farms . I think trapping might be the best way :good::good::good::good::good:

You forgot to mention all you had was shotgun and air rifle, we use rifles.

The domestic cat is not top of the Foxes food list but in the right circumstances he/she WILL take cats.

This will most commonly be when other food supplies are short/cubs are young, or fox is deperate for whatever reason.

You have to accept the fox will NOT do battle with anything that MAY fight back to hard and cause him injury (which the cat can most certainly do), unless he is desperate.

Getting rid of fox in domestic environments is not generally too much of an issue, assorted traps can work, so can baiting and and a well placed shot!

:good:

Edited by Dekers

• 3 weeks later...

mmm me thinks its a very very brave or foolhardy fox that takes on a full grown healthy cat,,in fact i think they wont ,,kittens no problem ,,mummy or daddy no ,,,but then again there might allways be the very rare exeptions ,

In certain urban areas small dogs are also on the menu I know of two documented cases of yorkshire terriers being killed by foxes one of which was chased into the kitchen and killed in front of its wheelchair bound owner the NWTF compile these incidents as evidence to the evolving urban foxes more aggresive behaviour.Go to www.terrierwork and look under photos it will open your eyes.

i get plenty of calls for foxes attacking and taking cats in built up areas .i took 14 out of a well known chaps garden in 2 weeks after one tried to kill his rat sized dog .which is now on a break to help him get over the stress of the attack 7 weeks in a hotel in sweden .alright for some heh . :good:

No I know of three cases two yorkies both died a cavalier king charles and also another attack on a dachund and jack ruusell at the same time we went ino that area and killed a number of foxes up to five a day bolting them with terriers and shooting them. My brother was attacked by a fox in the Linn park in Glasgow while he was on his bike :yes: he thinks it was trying to nick his bike :lol:

Hi all

Town foxs are become a big problem were i live. They have started eating peoples house cats. Now some might say thats not a bad thing, but for me it is a big problem. The wife love her cat. Now a big dog fox attack and killed next doors cat last night(the noise woke us up and by that time it was to late). Can anyone tell me what can be dun about the problem of the town fox

I would love to get the gun out but that would cause so much trouble. Has anyone had this problem before

If you have ROBOFOX thinning out Britains massive cat over population then I can only say one thing

LEAVE HIM ALONE ! he's doing a great job !. Get rid of the wife instead ! :lol::hmm:

p.s. I wish I had a fox like that ! No offence intended, Pole Star

Edited by Pole Star

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My cat was having a massive bundle in the garden with a fox recently, and boy can she scream, before you could blink I whipped out the .22lr, squeeked out of the window and as soon as they split, shot the fox, the cat then leapt straight back on as if to say "I won!!!"

Funny thing is, when i cleaned up the mess, the vast majority of the fur all over the garden was the fox's!!!! :oops: