RELOADING LESSONS

well lads and lassies.

Due to the cost of over the counter ammo and the fact that reloading is not as hard to do as you think it is ?

In my old age i have mellowed out a bit and feel that its time to help a few people out with the basics in reloading,

I have just been laid off and also about to move to a new house (all being well) so i hope to convert some of the garage into a loading room and would like to offer my services free to anyone local that is perhaps worried about reloading for themselves,the loading will be done on old cases from my 6mm br and my 20 tac, but the principles are the same as are the tools you will be using to do the training.

The process is not to hard and will only take 1 hour or so for basics and i will start this after i have sorted the house move out. i must warn anyone turning up i do have a crazy collie cross and a wife thats just as mad, but nothing that will cause you not to pop back from time to time.

i will repost this in the future as we hope to move near the end of this month.

cheers

bob.

your right lads.

i found it easy to do after a few hours, i was shown how to do it with a good mate when we used to shoot bisley, and even that far back he said you WILL end up having custom rifles, and i said no way.

ended up with a 6mm BR and a 20 tac, i was going to have a 17 rem fireball done but could not get my 17hmr sold,

anyway, as said i'm willing to help anyone local etc, and if they have the heads brass and powder i will load some for their own rifles (they will do it, I'll just be supervising)

bob.

Edited by scotland rifles

What Bob is offering is to "show" people the art of reloading not do it for them, if he did they wouldn't be learning anything would they?

Dont go knocking other peoples generous free service.

if you have a problem or concern with what Bob is offering pm him instead of ruining this thread!

Nice offer Bob and good to see you back. :good:

i'm only back as long as i don't brake the rules and the kind help from the moderators is well appreciated.

i have missed the site very much, i have made a lot of good mates on here and i have one of the best mates you could wish for all from this site. to good not to be a part of it.

as for the gent with the legality question.

i will not load for anyone other than myself, i will teach them how to load using dummy rounds and old powder and the rounds will be broken down again, if they turn up with brass,heads,primers dies and powder for there own rifles that they have on ticket then they will still assemble them under my instruction etc.

thank you

bob.

That's a great offer - nice one ! :good:

When I get my FAC I want to get into reloading so would welcome someone to give me some guidance, even though you're not close I would travel !

well there is another idea.

if the person inquestion has his own gear and needs help setting it up, die setting and learing to load i could possible do that as well at their own house but i could not travel to far

bob.

A good offer Bob. I used to reload pistol ammo (.38 /.357 /.44 mag) many years ago, including casting my own heads. But reloading rifle cases was something else. I had a mate come over and show me the ropes. Within an hour or two, I was reloading without any problems. And of course, if anyone does have a problem, they can always ask the good folk on here. I will say though,that being shown what to do etc, is much better.

Regards

Steve.

What Bob is offering is to "show" people the art of reloading not do it for them, if he did they wouldn't be learning anything would they?

Dont go knocking other peoples generous free service.

if you have a problem or concern with what Bob is offering pm him instead of ruining this thread!

:stupid:

You think? Think again :yes:

do you have a health and safety risk assesment you fill in before getting out of bed in the morning :rolleyes:

If no one taught the basics of reloading to others people have to then learn the hard way. Its not complicated and far better that someone spells out the dangers than people try by trial and error. There is no mention of loading rounds for their rifle so for all we know they could just be talked through Bobs loading of his own ammo, and go away knowing what to do and what not to do.