Lanzarote HELP!!!

MM

Not that i found - Hire a car and have a drive round the island and volcanoes, Rancho Texas is good fun (and worth going for their "Cowboy" night as well - All inclusive beers, burgers and ribs etc, Teguise has a good market for the wife and kids to mess around in. The beaches are great and the sea is warm and clean. It can be a bit cheesy, but i've been a couple of times with the family and we always have fun.

Ceser manrique was an artist on the island,his volcano bubble gallery home is open to public and the tiramfew national reserve is a good visit,porta del carman is a busy place but has good shops and the hippy market at costa tequiese is worth a visit.

Sorry for spellings :blush: .

was there a few years ago and saw a few local guys one afternoon hunting rabbits. they were on scrubland in the centre of the island pushing them out with dogs. Don't know how you would go about getting a invite though. probably better to take a rod and few big spinners.

I will now put my twopenneth on as MM will have set off by now, was going to do it yesterday, but as he had already booked , didn't want to put the mockers on it.My experiance after spending a week there was thank god i hadn't gone for two.It is a very ugly island with some nice but not beautiful beaches.The scenery is negligable and the attractions are all man made.I hired a car and drove around the island in two days having covered every inch of the place, i didn't know what to do with the car after two days as nowhere merited a second visit.I suppose if you have family over there to visit that might help and if you have kids that need man made stuff ok but not if your into anything else.I would have said in that neck of the woods to try Maderia, La Palma ( not Las Palmas) or Gomera all are alot more interesting and scenic.from Auntie. :yes:

******...I am off there beginning of October, the mrs' parents have hired a villa so I apparently have to go...I hate man made stuff and the only place I have been similar was Tenerife and that was rubbish too!

I will just have to find some mullet or something to fish for...

there are massive mullet at the harbour purto del carmen, size of my leg!! i dont think they like people fishing for them tho, something to do with them cleaning the boats. watched a few locals sneaking them out tho with bread flake and hand lines, i loved it there, was on the beer for the week tho, went snorkling too was great craic. crystal clear water

I will now put my twopenneth on as MM will have set off by now, was going to do it yesterday, but as he had already booked , didn't want to put the mockers on it.My experiance after spending a week there was thank god i hadn't gone for two.It is a very ugly island with some nice but not beautiful beaches.The scenery is negligable and the attractions are all man made.I hired a car and drove around the island in two days having covered every inch of the place, i didn't know what to do with the car after two days as nowhere merited a second visit.I suppose if you have family over there to visit that might help and if you have kids that need man made stuff ok but not if your into anything else.I would have said in that neck of the woods to try Maderia, La Palma ( not Las Palmas) or Gomera all are alot more interesting and scenic.from Auntie. :yes:

sounds like you had a great time :lol:

got back in one piece and had a great time. will go back again, as the kids had a blast. Volcanoes, rancho texas, boat to some island up north, hired a car, cost a fortune. still, i got a tan. the beaches are not that great. If you like looking at 65 year old knockers, then thats fine. i was more into the volcanoes and hills myself. :good:

I'm on holiday there at this exact moment and I have to say that I'm bored shxxless and can't wait to get back to work!! We went into del carman this morning and spent a whole hour there as I couldn't take anymore!! It's like Blackpool with a little bit of sun!

Wont be coming here again!!

Royal

I'm on holiday there at this exact moment and I have to say that I'm bored shxxless and can't wait to get back to work!! We went into del carman this morning and spent a whole hour there as I couldn't take anymore!! It's like Blackpool with a little bit of sun!

Royal

Royal

Lanzarote aint the best in the canaries thats for sure but then it depends on what you are looking for :P