New lady to pigeon watch

Shooting Lady

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're right, expensive but I need all the help I can get to hit them! My partner has been shooting for along time and I beat at his shoot, it's only a local one, not commercial. Nice and friendly and I get a bit of shooting too.

You must know that as welcomes go this is the longest I have seen. I think the approach of occassional visits is sufficiently tantalising for this to become an all time record welcome.

Any way a bit about me, since it would be rude to ask you first !!

I am also a member of a DIY as opposed to a commercial shoot and I perhaps feel that should be DIM, M being myself as its mostly that excepting another shoot mate who is a keen and hard worker. Its an enjoyable shoot as much for being there as shooting. I do rather enjoy late nights foxing - a favourite pastime of lots of members on here.

Our shoot is mainly grassland with a few key woods and ponds, cover crops and the odd few acres of 'wild ground. Geese and ducks come and go and our typical shoot day involves a bacon butty and coffee; 9 for 9.30 to start, 3/4 drives, coffee round the cars, a couple more drives and lunch at about 2.30. A few snifters and home for the grand prix or a few more drinks and a walk home. Bag about 50 which includes some woodcock.

Whats your typical day ?

Is your partner a member or does he keeper as well?

Regards,

Kes

You must know that as welcomes go this is the longest I have seen. I think the approach of occassional visits is sufficiently tantalising for this to become an all time record welcome.

Any way a bit about me, since it would be rude to ask you first !!

I am also a member of a DIY as opposed to a commercial shoot and I perhaps feel that should be DIM, M being myself as its mostly that excepting another shoot mate who is a keen and hard worker. Its an enjoyable shoot as much for being there as shooting. I do rather enjoy late nights foxing - a favourite pastime of lots of members on here.

Our shoot is mainly grassland with a few key woods and ponds, cover crops and the odd few acres of 'wild ground. Geese and ducks come and go and our typical shoot day involves a bacon butty and coffee; 9 for 9.30 to start, 3/4 drives, coffee round the cars, a couple more drives and lunch at about 2.30. A few snifters and home for the grand prix or a few more drinks and a walk home. Bag about 50 which includes some woodcock.

Whats your typical day ?

Is your partner a member or does he keeper as well?

Regards,

Kes

My partner, 'barrelblacker' owns the shoot and does all the keepering. Bags are usually around 60-80 birds, pheasant and woodcock. I'm lucky instead of getting paid for beating I get a couple of days shooting in peak season as well as beaters day. I'm also lucky that as he works in the trade he was able to get me my first gun through his contacts at a really good price. Result all round!

Hi and welcome to the forum. I would invite you to the marsh but the last time I took a female (Her who needs to be obeyed) I had to do warden duty at 5 30am on a winter's morning. I finally checked all the tickets and went back to the car to get a quick cuppa before wandering out on the marsh to find she had emptied both flasks and wanted to go home!!! Hence NO invite...welcome aboard.

Hey - and welcome! I'm new also - but really nice to see another gal on the forum...together with Auntie (100milesaway)! Should we start our own thread..."Gals with Guns", perhaps??!! :welcomeani:

There are a few more, welshlamb and tarn2215 are ladies too and don't forget Mrs Sweepy!