recommend me a 4x4 please

northeastshooter

ok my gf crashed her car afew months ago and still having alot of hastel with it only got around 2k at the moment as were i live we get snowed in i fancyed a 4x4 just to get me and the gf to work through the winter ( i means i can still get to my shoot) then sell it next year once the insurance is sorted. i have seen the shogun for around 2k R reg worth a look or stay clear?

thanks for your time

Any of the Suzuki´s, Toyota Rav4, the Vauxhall/Opel Frontera, or the Daihatsu Rocky or 4Track. All good wagons, and depends basically how much you want to spend. The smaller the vehicle will mean less fuel consumption, but even the big ones aren´t thirsty unless in stop start traffic, your right foot being resposible for most fuel consumption :good:

ok my gf crashed her car afew months ago and still having alot of hastel with it only got around 2k at the moment as were i live we get snowed in i fancyed a 4x4 just to get me and the gf to work through the winter ( i means i can still get to my shoot) then sell it next year once the insurance is sorted. i have seen the shogun for around 2k R reg worth a look or stay clear?

thanks for your time

to answer the question an R plate shogun is well worth a look, you keep some of the comfort while having a 4x4. Assuming its the 2.5 diesel they are pretty reliable and not too bad economy wise. Old Landrovers are for the deluded who don't like going over 50mph and like to wear a coat hat and gloves in their car when its cold ;)

they do, only issue is room in the boot, though if just a shooting bus the commercial version is ideal

Agreed, I'm looking at the moment for a dog/shooting vehicle, really fancied a swb Shogun/Pajero, then looked in the back of one! :blink:

Not enough room for a Labrador, let alone a cage and assorted shooting gear, I need a four/five seater so I'm now back looking at lwb 2.8td's.

Land rover, the only vehicle that has stood up to the mountain work that I give them.

Seen the Jap stuff come and go, but you wont see the jap stuff still going after more than fifty years like some landies.

I love landies but your letting your ars talk for you!

Toyota FJ/BJ series still going 50 years on!!!!

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Land_Cruiser_(J40)

Pajero is an import shogun.....Frontera are actually an isuzu MU just like vauxhall montery is a trooper for on road commuting for GF I still say later Jap/korean motor is best bet keep your eye out there are bargains to be had and get one decent tyres as a set of good ones will cost £600+

HDAV

Not going to argue with you about japcrap still going after 50 years, I need an off road vehicle to keep my business going.

Landies came out about 1947, and 70% of them are still going.

Horses for courses, and with the terrain I travel I have yet to see anything that can beat the landy.

With over forty years experience with landys off and on road in the farming industry I stick with what I know is best.