air soft

edd

ive done it before, and i have a few friends who are obsessed with it. i cant say i like it at all, in fact i couldnt wait to get away at the end of the day. its simply paintball, except with little or no emphasis on the combat side of it. it just seems to be who can dress the most like an SAS member at the iranian embassy. or who has the biggest, most realistic plastic replica of an M60. to each their own though is puppose. its just not for me.

I used to do paintball, recently sold all my kit to pay for FAC/.22 Rimfire :yp:

Airfsoft is the best way to get your kids into safe shooting. I enjoyed a couple of years of airsoft at the age of 12 up untill 14, when I got my first propper gun. (Webley Raider), now Im waiting for the FAC to arrive in the post :lol:

Airsoft? Eh? Let me get this right - it's goggles and firing low powered plastic balls at each other.

How pointlessly gay. No offence to anyone who is that way inclined or who likes to partake in a little airsofting.

Hell, when I grew up we used black widow catapults and low powered .22 air guns on eachother.

i know airsoft guns have a lot less power than other guns, but i wouldn't have thought shooting at other people would be a good way to teach a youngster gun safety :yp:

I never shot them at people. 'Airsoft' doesnt not mean combat with them only, the guns are called airsoft guns, as they are.. well.. soft on power/air pressure. I always shoot match sticks at around 5m in my room :lol: and built a home made target to shoot into.

Well! i was into airsoft for quite some time, It is VERY tactical especially CQB (Close Quaters Battle, like hostage rescue in buildings) which is what i played 99% of the time. I would deffo start playing again at some time.

The guns are a lot more than "air guns for poofs" I had a gas Powered Glock 19 that was semi automatic with a metal top slide that looked and felt amazing to shoot

a Glock 18c (FULLY auto hand gun that was also gas powered)

A H&K MP5 SD (fully automatic with a rof of 600rds a min)

All the above fired at the legal rate of 328fps

CAMP5.jpg

G192.jpg

G19.jpg

The airguns for poofs statement was made in jest and I didn't mean anyone to take offence at it.

Perhaps now I should have said "It's airguns for poofs who like to look macho"

What is all that about? Shooting at each other with BB's :good: Next thing will be shooting at each other with a .410.

What a way to teach gun safety, It's OK to shoot at someone with this gun as it won't hurt!!!!!!!

"Never, never, never let your gun be pointed at anyone" or "do not point a gun at anything you do not wish to kill"

Cheers

Martin

The airguns for poofs statement was made in jest and I didn't mean anyone to take offence at it.

Perhaps now I should have said "It's airguns for poofs who like to look macho"

What is all that about? Shooting at each other with BB's :sick: Next thing will be shooting at each other with a .410.

What a way to teach gun safety, It's OK to shoot at someone with this gun as it won't hurt!!!!!!!

"Never, never, never let your gun be pointed at anyone" or "do not point a gun at anything you do not wish to kill"

Cheers

Martin

:crazy::good:

Couldn't have put it better myself (proper outloud guffaw in the middle of the office - blown my "working hard cover")

Come on, you air soft posers.... it's time to own up:

1. which of you have done a "Taxi Driver" in front of the mirror? You talkin to me?

2. which of you have stripped your airsoft weapon blind-folded? Come on Simon, confession is good for the soul.

3. which of you endlessly play with the mechanisms / sliders in a "clunk click" ultimate force loading up for action fashion?

4. which of you have camo clothing with some real forces patching - perhaps an SAS patch / badge you got from a boot sale / drunk uncle that likes to pretend that the spell inside for drink driving was actually special forces work abroad for her majesty?

:crazy:

Couldn't have put it better myself (proper outloud guffaw in the middle of the office - blown my "working hard cover")

Come on, you air soft posers.... it's time to own up:

1. which of you have done a "Taxi Driver" in front of the mirror? You talkin to me?

2. which of you have stripped your airsoft weapon blind-folded? Come on Simon, confession is good for the soul.

3. which of you endlessly play with the mechanisms / sliders in a "clunk click" ultimate force loading up for action fashion?

4. which of you have camo clothing with some real forces patching - perhaps an SAS patch / badge you got from a boot sale / drunk uncle that likes to pretend that the spell inside for drink driving was actually special forces work abroad for her majesty?

:good:

Mungler that is a very perceptive response, I couldn't have put it better myself. :crazy:

I was reading a thread on BBS and it ties in nicely with this one (albeit a tenuous link).

The sort of person who does this is just like the bloke who used to dress up in full hunting gear, including veil etc to do HFT (airgun Hunter Field Target). Not only that but he used to belly crawl between pegs with his score card in his mouth. When asked "why?" he replied "It's more realistic innit?"

Choice. :good:

(Should I be admitting that a VERY small part of me wants to try it?)

I like a quote from an old film we used to watch when we were younger - I think it was "Phantasm".

It went along the lines of "Never point a gun at anything you don't want to shoot, and never shoot at anything you don't want to destroy/kill"

Guest jonrms

**** :good:

See its not us Yanks.... its you britts.. as well.. lmao....

Anyway on a serious side.... NEVER NEVER point a gun at anyone.. and pps those air soft things hurt like a female dog...... I was left with a mark worse than paintball......... but that was a while ago now..

:good: there is no reason for poepl to play airsoft expect that they like it its a great laugh and a really good game ( nice guns by the way sci, i like the mp5, i have a vsr pro spec 10 awesome bit of kit when its upgraded