Redgum

Recently bought a Tika T3 Hunter in 308 and I think I'm in love. Only been punching a bit of paper as I run the barrel in but in leaves me with a stupid smile every time. Cant put my finger on why it feels so good but it just feels as if there are alot of adventures awaiting us in the future. :D:D:D

Recently bought a Tika T3 Hunter in 308 and I think I'm in love. Only been punching a bit of paper as I run the barrel in but in leaves me with a stupid smile every time. Cant put my finger on why it feels so good but it just feels as if there are alot of adventures awaiting us in the future. :D:D:D

There are many good things about it :good: No doubt many might say but the XYZ is better but can you get ammo and componants so easy? Have they got as long a barrel life? Are they as versitle? Do they have thie very own class in target shooting? Can they be chambered in so many different rifles? I think this one will be with us a long time yet :good:

Naturally sweet shooting, very stable at long range, highly efficient at transfering its energy, handles a very wide range of head weights and has an enormous range of loading options. The king of the 30s. .30-06 is the next best but it doesn't tack drive like a .308

You've probably begun a lifelong partnership.

I've found the .308 has quite a bark and a fair portion of recoil served up with it and for that reason it's not my favourite! I guess that gives it a feel of authority though - there isn't anything walking around here that would leave you under gunned.

My personal likes and dislikes aside it's a popular calibre and for good reason. :yes:

I shoot a T3 lite and it kicks like a mule with 147gr. :shoot:

The .308 Win does have a bit of a reputation as a snappy recoiler. Its an efficient burning cartridge with a short sharp recoil and the heavier the bullet the sharper it gets.

A lighter bullet slows the recoil, more shove than punch, but the biggest improvement is home loading and precisely seating the round to match your rifle.

I find target shooting somehow makes recoil more noticable. When you shoot your first deer you won't feel a thing.

you ever bin kicked by a mule :blink:

Yes then trampled by it. Well a 17h horse.

The .308 Win does have a bit of a reputation as a snappy recoiler. Its an efficient burning cartridge with a short sharp recoil and the heavier the bullet the sharper it gets.

A lighter bullet slows the recoil, more shove than punch, but the biggest improvement is home loading and precisely seating the round to match your rifle.

I find target shooting somehow makes recoil more noticable. When you shoot your first deer you won't feel a thing.

I can't wait to get out stalking with it. Just looking for some cheap stalking. I will try and find a short vid of me shooting it. Using bullets made in 1969 haha army surplus I think accurate and cheaper than chips :good:

The .308 can be a little agressive, but my Rem 700 is easy, the T3 Hunter isn't bad, the T3 Lite you may well notice, One of the .308 CZ has a plastic recoil pad and is hard work compared to my Rem 700. Some of the heavy barreled versions are easy to shoot but hard work lugging round the fields, and so it goes................

Don't forget ammo either.

Put simply the .308 can be quite hard or relatively easy to shoot, as I say, my Rem 700 is light but it has a decent recoil pad, I generally use 150g SP and it isn't hard to use at all, and doesn't hurt the shoulder either!

:good::good:

I purchased my first .308 Remington 700 bdl mountain rifle back in 97 and hated it, it kicked like a mule and after the first year put it in the back of the cupboard and left it there then got a .2506 . 6 years later brought a new heavy barrel and a HSS stock fitted the new barrel and blueprinted it myself and its now my favorite rifle. Wouldn't part with it until its prised out of my cold dead hands

Deershooter

Tried one 8 years ago and absolutely hated it, bought a 6.5 and will never sell it, I have shot muntjac to boar with it no problems.

At the range weekend before last, cold barrel, factory ammo, first shot straight through the eye of the bull at 100 yards.

IMO rifle shooting doesn't need to be any more complicated than that, I would rather be shooting than fiddling - but each to their own.