i just cant believe it!!!

semiautolee

maybe in the wrong section anyway

i got a phone call last night about 10.30 from my right hand shooting man to say i think you better come round :hmm: , it was about alfie our springer that we shared!

alfie was a well behaved dog, he would work any cover pick any bird, he was always there when he was needed, he had his moments now and then but all dogs do, anyway i went round to see what was wrong and there he was lying there as peacefull as could be, i couldnt believe my eyes :o :blink: it just couldnt be!! we had only had him out on the afternoon decoying he seemed fine, full of energy, picked a few birds that we got, worked the cover etc and now he has gone!! :cry1:

alfie was 3 year old and fit as a fiddle he was our best friend!! i used to take him out with me if liam was at work, and if i was at work liam took him out with him, he was always out on walks or in the field doing what he did best!!

even as i right this i still cant believe he has gone!! :no: shooting will never be the same!!

R.I.P alfie :cry1:

post-28306-0-43283900-1318879171.jpg

post-28306-0-72007100-1318879172.jpg

Edited by semiautolee

Sorry to hear that fella. 3 years old is nothing, it must be a real shock!

I guess the only good thought that can come from this is at least he didn't get old and start to suffer. I recon he would have gone out like a light which is at least something positive.

A sad day. I'm sorry for your loss. :(

maybe in the wrong section anyway

i got a phone call last night about 10.30 from my right hand shooting man to say i think you better come round :hmm: , it was about alfie our springer that we shared!

alfie was a well behaved dog, he would work any cover pick any bird, he was always there when he was needed, he had his moments now and then but all dogs do, anyway i went round to see what was wrong and there he was lying there as peacefull as could be, i couldnt believe my eyes :o :blink: it just couldnt be!! we had only had him out on the afternoon decoying he seemed fine, full of energy, picked a few birds that we got, worked the cover etc and now he has gone!! :cry1:

alfie was 3 year old and fit as a fiddle he was our best friend!! i used to take him out with me if liam was at work, and if i was at work liam took him out with him, he was always out on walks or in the field doing what he did best!!

even as i right this i still cant believe he has gone!! :no: shooting will never be the same!!

R.I.P alfie :cry1:

I am sorry to hear your news, Have lost dogs young myself in the past and it always feels so unfair that they have had their futures snuffed out, where as there is a little comfort in an old dog passing if they have had a good life. I've a three year old springer myself so will be thinking about you and your loss when I next have her out.