corsa or punto

darren m

:hmm: hmm clio , never thought of that , what engine sizes , how reliable

as to be cheap insurance though

thanks

1.5 dci...very economical, nippy ittle cars

My dad has one its done 120k now, had new clutch at 90k..he loves it

Tax is only 30quid aswell

Insurance group 4 if you get the bog standard model..which has everything you need!

which 1st car for my 18yr daughter

no idea what they are like , but budget wise and insurance wise it looks like one of these

any opinions good or bad welcomed

thanks

Corsa 1.0 litre 3 cylinder... Economical reliable and most importantly group 1 insurance.

My daughter has one and it suprised me how nippy it was... :good:

Brand new they are the same platform, corsa wise missus had a T reg 1.2 16v sister has a 1.2 53 plate, her BF has a 1.2 09 plate cheap ecconimical reliable the 53 plate has a leak into footwell known issue and a pain to sort none had any real major issue 1.0 aren't great But as cheap as chips for tax and insurance good on fuel, in newer one the 1.3cdti is nippy!!! Insurance is the killer. New ones are heavier and the 1.2 struggles a bit, a friend has an old 1.4 5 door and a very practical motor she's had it for years P reg IIRC, no trouble

Edited by HDAV

Hmmm think I might clio next lol. Am paying 100 pound tax 6 month for a vectra

They do a 65hp and an 80

My dads is the 65 and it is quick enough.

But the 80 is supposed to a second quicker to 60mph and a little better on fuel

The 65 is cheaper to buy and you can get it chipped so it is 80hp..but then you are up on insurance.

Well worth looking into as they are decent cars.

Plenty available on ebay, gumtree and pistonheads.

They do a 1.5dci engine in the megane aswell, 80hp, same tax and fuel consumption but abit more room inside and abit more to buy.

Brand new they are the same platform, corsa wise missus had a T reg 1.2 16v sister has a 1.2 53 plate, her BF has a 1.2 09 plate cheap ecconimical reliable the 53 plate has a leak into footwell known issue and a pain to sort none had any real major issue 1.0 aren't great But as cheap as chips for tax and insurance good on fuel, in newer one the 1.3cdti is nippy!!! Insurance is the killer. New ones are heavier and the 1.2 struggles a bit, a friend has an old 1.4 5 door and a very practical motor she's had it for years P reg IIRC, no trouble

Is it he passenger footwell it leaks ? If so it quit a easy fix. Remove the fuse box Lid ( with indicator relays in ) and if theres water in there seal up the lid with sealant. Its a common fault on corsa c

Edited by Royboy

Both are OK but I'd go for the Corsa and avoid a Clio like the plague, great when new , after a few years they fall apart.

My old man's must be a one off..its a 52plate with 120k on clock...had no serious problems with, very few minor 1st, just normal wear and tear.

OP..take a look at what you will save on tax and fuel over a couple years...it will be pounds not pennys!

And IF you have a problem..what you save will pay for it.

Cars are like anything, no 2 are exact same..1 that comes out the factory behind another could be back in the factory in 10k miles whereas the other may go problem free for years

Just my opinion

Over and out :)

Is it he passenger footwell it leaks ? If so it quit a easy fix. Remove the fuse box Lid ( with indicator relays in ) and if theres water in there seal up the lid with sealant. Its a common fault on corsa c

Drivers footwell fills with water (i think its a leak in bulkhead seal under the washer bottle near the drain flaps)

which 1st car for my 18yr daughter

no idea what they are like , but budget wise and insurance wise it looks like one of these

any opinions good or bad welcomed

thanks

Hi Darren.

Clio brilliant little cars .... Much sought after by younger people.

Corsa ....Please go on internet.... pages of people complaining ( My Pal too ) of Camshafts snapping

retaining bolts backing off.

Both are OK but I'd go for the Corsa and avoid a Clio like the plague, great when new , after a few years they fall apart.

Please fell free to slag Scenics and Meganes made between 53 and 56 plate, the older models and those beyond 56 plate are much better and worth the money they sell for. The Clio is a different animal altogether though, anything from X plate onwards is a decent car, they don't suffer from anything in particular and as mentioned by others a well looked after 1.5 Dci or the 1.2 16v is perfectly sensible. They all have noisy sunroofs which the dealers may or may not be able to fix using a Renault supplied retro kit, but that's about it. I am a world renowned expert on Renaults by the way. :):lol::)

Please fell free to slag Scenics and Meganes made between 53 and 56 plate, the older models and those beyond 56 plate are much better and worth the money they sell for. The Clio is a different animal altogether though, anything from X plate onwards is a decent car, they don't suffer from anything in particular and as mentioned by others a well looked after 1.5 Dci or the 1.2 16v is perfectly sensible. They all have noisy sunroofs which the dealers may or may not be able to fix using a Renault supplied retro kit, but that's about it. I am a world renowned expert on Renaults by the way. :):lol::)

Next doors 06 Clio constantly has problems, friends 03 spent more time with Renault than them, after 2 years they traded it for a Honda and never looked back. I won't work on French cars but they keep a few friends in business.

Money wasn't mentioned so are you looking for a £1000 car or £5k ? KA's are good little cars but getting on a bit now, have you thought about a Hyundai or KIA ? Don't get a Daewoo.