Would you sell your best rifle?????

roblade

would you sell the best rifle you have ever owned to buy something else  

54 members have voted

1. 1. yes or no (no ffence sitters! :) )

• YES
    • NO

No sitting on the fence, if you read this post its compulsory you MUST vote NOW!

Im in a dilema, there is a rifle i want, but just dontr have the pennies at the moment, would you sell the best rifle you have ever owned for a rifle that you have been told is the ultimate in spring rifles. Or would you keep the rifle, knowing you have the ultimate in spring rifles already.

Just to clarify, we are not talking about a seriously expensive rifle just a very accurate one that i already own a HW95 with shortend barrel and a suspect venom tune.

ROB :no:

Rob! dont do it. :no:

You see, my guns work like natural selection. The good ones stay, the bad ones get sold on, so Im left with the guns I like and can shoot well with. You will eventually be happy with this choice, and it really will reward you in return. Its nice to have change, and its pretty clear you, of all members, like your new rifles. But, you should always have a few set aside, that you know wont end up in someone elses hands. ITs yours, you worked for it, it never let you down, so dont let it down. :no:

i did it with a standard hw95k a few years ago to get a rapid 7, i couldnt get on with a pcp and regretted it ever since, it had a evo silencer and i'd had loads of good days out with it.

i tried to buy it back but it had already been sold on, the fact you even had to ask makes me think you shouldnt do it,

remember its a special hw95 not a standard one so if you regret it it may prove hard to find and get back, if i were you i'd wait till you got the funds and then find whatever gun it is then, then if you dont like it you can sell it on and nothing has been lost

Hunter i would love to be able to keep every rifle i have ever thought was a good one, but unfortunatly im not in the position to be able to own more than one or two rifles at any one time.

Thats the thing about this rifle i know a good gun smith and he could turn any rifle into a very good rifle, so replacing it would be more a case of waiting a month or so, but would it ever be as good as this one?:no:?? Thats the risk.

As for the rifle im trying to get, its rumored that there have only been between 8 and 50 made thus making it a bit of a hens tooth.

ROB :no:

The grass is always greener .......................

If you have the best rifle you have ever owned then why sell it?

Unless it is a one off there will be another one along soon. Save the pennys and if need be sell your other rifle and you will ten have the two best guns you have ever owned :no:

I voted no, if you already have a good rifle then why sell it. As Snakebite said, the grass is always greener. However, the fact that you have considered it, may suggest that you don't feel your current rifle is indeed that good.

Why, you muppet, you know how good it is, you've missed it since it's been away. I think, you should start to make a commitment to your gun. You use them, just stick in your pellets and shoot them off, not a thought how they feel. Oh yes, you stroke them and polish them, even talk to them with sweet tones, proudly show them off to other club members, then a few weeks later you kick them out, just sold on, not a bye or leave. It's about time you stopped being a boy and became a man, and stood by your rifle. :no::no::no:

Why, you muppet, you know how good it is, you've missed it since it's been away. I think, you should start to make a commitment to your gun. You use them, just stick in your pellets and shoot them off, not a thought how they feel. Oh yes, you stroke them and polish them, even talk to them with sweet tones, proudly show them off to other club members, then a few weeks later you kick them out, just sold on, not a bye or leave. It's about time you stopped being a boy and became a man, and stood by your rifle. :no::D:D

yes and?:no:?:no:?? :no:

ROB :D

Rob i read the first bit of your post and no more then i did as you sugested and voted I voted yes i would sell my best gun, nowim going to read the rest of your post and edit this one

Rob no Question about it mate sell em all and buy a PCP I hate springers but thats just my opinion

If its advise your after mate Keep the love of your life and try to save up for a bit on the side :no:

dont do it mate. you cant be sure that your new one is gonna be as good as your old and if your old one is that gd then why get rid? :no: if you then then you cud end up regretting it. if you want a new one then jus save for it. then if you find its better and only want one then you cud sell your old one :no::no:

Don't do it!! If your rifle is your bvest one, keep it and save for the new one.

Tips on saving: Create a scam :no:

Try selling body parts

Sell items from your house and hope the missus doesn't notice

Or as a final last ditch effort get a job :no:

(i found it funny :no: )

On a seroius point... If the rifle is your ideal gun it would be a real shame just to get rid of it on the off chance a new one is better. So if you really must get the new one I think it's best to save! :no:

No sitting on the fence, if you read this post its compulsory you MUST vote NOW!

Im in a dilema, there is a rifle i want, but just dontr have the pennies at the moment, would you sell the best rifle you have ever owned for a rifle that you have been told is the ultimate in spring rifles. Or would you keep the rifle, knowing you have the ultimate in spring rifles already.

Just to clarify, we are not talking about a seriously expensive rifle just a very accurate one that i already own a HW95 with shortend barrel and a suspect venom tune.

ROB :good:

No,

these are one of a kind.

But what is the ultimate in spring rifle?

your thinking of getting

well, im fairly certain i can relax a bit now, plans are in motion to get the pennies in for next week, and as the seller has agreed to give me until next week to get the mney to him, i cant jinx myself by saying what it is.

Its the holy grail of airguns a standard Air Arms Pro Elite in .177. So looks like at the monet i shall be able to keep the tuned 95 AND get the pro :good:

Have to admit if it hadnt been for these posts there would probably have been a 95 in the sales section right now.

cheers guys :lol:

ROB :lol:

wish i had of kept all mine..

HW80

HW77

HW35"e"

HW80 Karbine

Galaxy (saxby and palmer)

No PCP in those days well there were but not affordable

and all shot bloody well.

Field target was then only out of 20

the good old days

Dont do it ! wait and save those pennies. I think you will be glad you did.

I bought a Webley Axsor new a few years ago and really loved the gun. I still think they are an excellent gun although I'm sure some will dissagree. I shot countless rabbits with it, but the only down side was that I'm left handed. Now I got on fine with the Axsor but really yearned for a true left handed action and a couple of years down the line I fell in love with the Air Arms S410k. I decided that I absolutely must have this gun. Trouble was that I just could not afford it and ended up selling the Axsor to my shooting partner to pay for the S410.

I LOVE the S410, fantastic gun ! but I really miss the other and watching someone else handling my once pride and joy is horrible especially if its not being looked after in the same manner I as did.

Dont do it !!!

regards

Leeboy

I swapped my Makarov MP-654K and a hundred notes for an S-200 (good deal, eh?). Spent the next three weeks :huh: pining for the mak until I bought it back for the same as what I'd spent on it in the first place (but at least I got it back!)

I sold my CP-88 because I needed the money for bills. Spent the next three weeks :lol: pining for it, eventually got it back for half of what I sold it for(!) Me happy bunny again.

As to selling any more of my weapons? Not a chance. :huh: Well, maybe the B2, but that thing being such a beast, I'd only let it go to someone I know can handle it. That thing kicks like a mule and twice as hard :yes: . Not a n00b springer. :good:

I swapped my Makarov MP-654K and a hundred notes for an S-200 (good deal, eh?). Spent the next three weeks :o pining for the mak until I bought it back for the same as what I'd spent on it in the first place (but at least I got it back!)

I sold my CP-88 because I needed the money for bills. Spent the next three weeks ;) pining for it, eventually got it back for half of what I sold it for(!) Me happy bunny again.

As to selling any more of my weapons? Not a chance. :huh: Well, maybe the B2, but that thing being such a beast, I'd only let it go to someone I know can handle it. That thing kicks like a mule and twice as hard :yes: . Not a n00b springer. :good:

:huh: would that be the B2 i fitted with an 'OX' spring??? :lol:

hi,

if your happy, it does its job & it touches ya just there,only you know,mmmm KEEP IT !! :huh:

if its a pain in the butt,litarally..or ya dont use it & its taking up space, move it on...for a better use! :yes:

IF your hungry ...SELL IT, (dont think so !!) :huh:

make it the start of ya collection, get another job, buy loads & loads........he he he :good: