FERRETS & DOGS?

Frank

The wife has just bought a shih tzu pup, only 6 weeks old, not my type of mut, but their you go. :good:

I am planning to get some young ferrets this summer, but she is worried that the ferrets will kill the pup. :good::no:

I am trying to convince her, that this will not happen and have tryd to explain to her, if brought up together, they will be fine.

Anyway, the ferrets will be kept in their hutch and the dog will only have supervised contact with me.

Can you convince her all will be fine?

Cheers for any help. :good:

Frank

Whilst I can sympathise with your situation I do believe you have allowed yourself to be somewhat railroaded. As a major contributor of testosterone to this site I would urge you to put your foot down and exorcise your right of head of the household and go ahead with your plans to get some ferrets. Mrs Frank will have to understand that you are the boss and what you say goes, that fact you are allowing her to have a pup should be received with gratitude.

I suspect once you explain the situation she will see things your way and all will be well.

If she threatens to rebel, stand firm and take a stern “ I am the boss stance”

If this fails and she threatens to “go to mothers” stand firm and be the boss

If she is not home in 24 hours, or has not left you meals in the freezer or money for a take out and the washing bin is full ...

Cave in and beg her to come back , Ferrets aren’t worth a full wash bin or an empty belly :good:

pavman

Wise words Pavman,

I don't think it's fair that Frank is trying to get us to convince Mrs Frank. If we do and his ferrets eat the puppy then it will be us who get's it in the neck.

Stand up and be a man Frank. (says he from behind a computer 100's of miles away) :good:

Cheers

Martin

PS you could always kill to birds with one stone and train the dog to go down rabbit holes :good::no::good:

The ferrets will not be in contact with the dog unsupervised, so there is no problem.

In my humble opinion, I don't think there would even be a problem if they were left in a room on their own all day.

If the dog left the ferrets alone, I think they would leave it alone.

My ferrets have always ignored my dogs.

The only agression I have ever seen towards ferrets, came from a friends super keen, working JR.

Thanks all. :good:

Pavman, i like your logic :D , i must just try that. :yp:

She is slowly coming round. :good:

What makes it worse is, i disagreed with her having this dog, so she went behind my back and got it :lol::lol::no: Cost me 400 flaming euro too. :lol: :yp: :D

Ill have them weather she likes it or not. :lol:

Another thing, she dosent even cook, i have to cook for my self. :good::lol:

Cheers,

Frank.

Frank you've got to put your foot down preferably on the ****zu

next she'll have you walking it in public which will not do your street cred a lot of favours :no:

:good: I would hate to be seen with the thing. :good::good::lol:

It wont be happening. :lol::lol:

Hi,

The ferrets will most certainly not kill it. :no: My ferrets are fine with cats and 2 of them I got as adults so they were not brought up around them. Grace does occasionaly pounce on the cats tail when it is wagging though but who can blame her. 6 weeks seems a bit young to take a pup away from it's mum and the rest of the litter?

Just getting them often works, I was not allowed snakes, they are now tolerated, I was not allowed 2 ferrets, 3 ferrets dwon the road they are often brought into the house for titbits and play by she who did not want the stinky biting things anywhere near her. :good::good:

FM :good:

Hi,

The ferrets will most certainly not kill it. :good: My ferrets are fine with cats and 2 of them I got as adults so they were not brought up around them. Grace does occasionaly pounce on the cats tail when it is wagging though but who can blame her. 6 weeks seems a bit young to take a pup away from it's mum and the rest of the litter?

Just getting them often works, I was not allowed snakes, they are now tolerated, I was not allowed 2 ferrets, 3 ferrets dwon the road they are often brought into the house for titbits and play by she who did not want the stinky biting things anywhere near her. :lol::good:

FM :lol:

Cheers FM :good:

Im getting them weather she likes it or not, watch this space. :lol:

She has the mother in law involved now as well :no: , and her reaction, is exactly the same as what you discribed.

Cheers,

Frank.

What makes it worse is, i disagreed with her having this dog, so she went behind my back and got it :o :no::good: Cost me 400 flaming euro too. :o :o :/

Frank mate, that says it all.

Make your preparations and just arrive with them, if you werent consulted about the dog, then tough luck about the ferrets!

John

Thats the plan. :good: :yp: :D

But she tryd to make me feel guilty by telling me that i have loads of guns and am constantly going on here :angry::lol: , obsessetion with binoculars, ect ect. :oops::angry::lol::lol:

best of luck mate , got one of them woman thingies at home sounds like they are related :lol:

the worst thing with them dogs is, you have to wait for them to chit before you can kick them up the **** :)

edited due to pressing the wrong sodding button

:lol::lol: Woman thingies :lol::lol::good:

it will be okay ...................

lazybus1.jpg

lazybus.jpg

Just goes to proove it dosent it. :good:

She is still not convinced. :good:

I have shown old pictures of me and ferrets and dogs, but does no good. :oops:

I would like to thank you all very much indeed for all you advice and proof that ferrets are fine with dogs. :lol::angry:

Its all up to me now. :lol::angry::good:

Cheers,

Frank.

Frank;

I feel that I should pass on to you the most important piece of advice you will ever get about purchasing things you want around the wife.............

It is far easier to beg for forgivness than it is to get permission in the first place. :welcomeani::good::P:lol::lol:

NTTF

the dog will only have supervised contact with me.

Can you convince her all will be fine?

FRANK,

Why will the Dog only have supervised contact with you.

HAVE YOU BEEN KNOWN TO EAT PUPS BEFORE ? :P:lol::lol:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PELT MAN

:o Eat anything me :good: :o

Frank;

I feel that I should pass on to you the most important piece of advice you will ever get about purchasing things you want around the wife.............

It is far easier to beg for forgivness than it is to get permission in the first place. :( :( :/:lol::lol:

NTTF

:D Ill keep that in mind NTTF, thanks, :welcomeani::)