it really is grim up north

kdubya

Keith it must have been sh\\e because your spelling and grammar are still fine after ten pints. :P:lol: :lol:

ATB figgy

Surprisingly enough as it was over a good few hours I was well OK when I got in, even the wife did not have the usual "your P****d head on" ******** this morning mind, when I got up at 6 for work.

KW

I sometimes go out, and come back 6 or 7 pints later without spending a penny, the farmers I drink with buy rounds, and I dont often get chance to buy one :look:

or some local wants a favour (usually a fox shooting) or its a thanks for the brace I dropped off with the guys old mum,

barter is alive and well,

its £2.60 a pint usually.

This is why I make my own, not including water and electric which is minimal the ingredients for 40 pints costs less than a fiver.

The way forward if you live down south :good:

Ive never seen a 40pint homebrew mix for a fiver

What people don't seem to get is how much you are paying for the place and the atmosphere.

I would rather pay £4/pint or whatever to be in really nice bar full of nice people than pay £2 a pop to sit in the corner in the local workings mans club, or on my own at home - but each to their own.

Ive never come across a bar full of nice people!