Need advice about cars...

leeds chimp

I am really stuck what to do.. :good:

Seen two cars that I like the look of....

One is 2006 72k on the clock..FSH and he car has had a new Clutch and Flywheel, New EGR valve and a New Inlet-manifold. Also in April 2011 (only 2,000 miles ago) the car was serviced along with a Cam-belt service. All receipts are present for sale for £3800 ish....

the other is 2007 58k on the clock again FSH....1 owner etc...up for £4950 but already said can get a little down

stuck to go for the 2007 or the 06.... :blush:

are they both the same colour, any different extras?

are these local gimp ? if so who has them ? im guessing vectras , both sri's ?

vauxhall vectra's

the 06 is an elite..means satnav leather seats, auto lights and wipers.Tax: May 2012 will be sold with 12 months MOT and silver..is local near thetford

the 07 is an Life model...nothing extra like above...mot till july no tax and blue down in cambridge

Edited by leeds chimp

whats the screen like on the 06 ? they are 300 plus to replace .

go for what you like and feels right mate . although the question should be asked why has one had a manifold ect ? thetford as in near either base ? risk of a numpty yank owner .

its a commom problem with vectras so he said he had it all replaced before it went wrong tho ...he has all the docs for it aswell

Take the 06 then :P

Leathers easier to clean the mud off

:lol:

2007 mate year newer and less miles ,

not the 2006 one because your mrs will hate the leather and so will the kids .

not fussed about the kid.... :lol:

SWMBO has said she likes the 06 one as it has satnav and nice leather seats...and again its had all that work done on it..which half makes me think nothing will go wrong....

I would go for the 06, but i like toys, dont like basic cars,

yes im easy pleased....

as an addage my nephew had the manifold and gubbins replaced on his 56 reg, its a common fault

oh and replacing the clutch isnt cheap even if you do it yourself, its a dual mass flywheel, yup he had his go as well.....

:shaun:

Edited by shaun4860

this is not helping..... :lol: :lol:

I got to admit I do like the 06 as its all done and dusted with the jobs and it means I get to put a few quid in the bank afterwards (or at phils gun shop :yp: ) but then again I like the idea of a newer car.....

£1250 buys a new Miroku and a thousand shells :yes: , and the gun will still be worth £800 when either car has had it's last rites read.

06 as its had the usuals done my Astra has had the manifold and alternator (same engine) make sure waterpump was done with the belt, however clutch and cbelt done early? Sounds dodgy mines at 80k clutch fine, cambelt due at 100k a mate has an 07 design estate auto and hasn't needed anything except tyres and service.....

Edited by HDAV

Why does it need to be a vectra ?, they always got slagged for reliability ,and personally i would not want the bills in waiting !.

For reliable family cars you would be hard pushed to beat things like the toyota avensis or mazda 6 perhaps you would be better looking at a few other models before making a decision.

Having said that if you have set your heart on one of the two mentioned I would go for the older one of the two and save the money for a rainy day you already have enough guns !

Are these diesels? I ask because my lad has a 2.2 SRi, 05 plate, 50k miles, looks very, very good. Worth about £2500 on a good day. Can't get rid - they are not selling.

If they are not diesels - they sound expensive to me.

they are diesels...about 55 mpg :good:

06 as its had the usuals done my Astra has had the manifold and alternator (same engine) make sure waterpump was done with the belt, however clutch and cbelt done early? Sounds dodgy mines at 80k clutch fine, cambelt due at 100k a mate has an 07 design estate auto and hasn't needed anything except tyres and service.....

and thats what in the back of my mind about it as vauxhall say cambelt at 100k roughly as I had a 06 Sri so wonder why it all done already..unless the bloke just wanted piece of mind and got it all done

55mpg? How? I get 42 average (over last 37k) mate with the auto 37ish may be due to type of driving or the fact both are almost fully laden ????? Or your deluded, ???? Spending thousands extra on maintenance to then sell the car?

Mazda 6 has very good reviews

You could get a good audi A3 for that

Really? Where? Tid a3 under 7 years old and 100k????? Same for golf tdi,