orange moblie putting prices up

cocker3

i got a text from orange moblie today telling me they are putting the price of my monthly plan up mid contract :mad::mad: .has anyone else had this text as i belive it is going out to all orange mobile holders

firstly can they change your contract i know it is not much of an increase(4.34%) but its the principal that they will charge you for breech of contract if you cancel your policy what if you could not afford the extra money as some people will be on tight budgets but its ok for them to change your contract with out prior agreement.

whats the point of a contract if you dont stick to what you have agreed on

one not very happy cocker3

I'd work on the principle that if they're changing the price then they're altering the terms of the contract and have to give you the option of terminating it. Think Sky do the same, if they change the price then they have to give you the option of terminating even if you're within a 12/24m contract.

When other networks have increased prices mid term of the contract, people have cancelled them as it was a detriment to what they signed up to. You had 30 days to request cancelation of the contract then it was deamed you had accepted the change.

The last time Orange change the plan on one of my contracts and I rang up about it, they wavedthe increase until the end of the contract period, then it was up to me to stay / change plans or leave.

There will be something in the terms and conditions to cover for price increases.

Usually the terms will offer you 28 days notice, but that doesn't give you a right to cancel free of charge.

You could complain to Ofcom, but 4% would be in line with inflation, so you've not got a leg to stand on.

Wait until your contract is up. Find a better deal and try to leave. Orange will probably offer you a vastly reduced rate, which will make up for the price hike.

You can be sure its written into the T&C's, you know, the ones we never read but just go to the end and click 'agree' :blink:

Be sure you won't get out of your contract that easily: I've tried everything when my phone or TV contracts have altered at all to no avail! :lol:

you dont argue enough then....

I have had money off things from insurance to my BT line as I just say put me thru to disconnections and sort it with them

Rang them today and clearly the rest of the world was ringing. Passed on our opinion of mid contract rises and suggested we will be elsewhere when our term ends. Also renegotiated my wife's phone contract and reduced it by the £5.00 they propose to increase the contract by. She doesnt use her full allocation so its no overall loss but b****** annoying. I'm sick of all these 'extras'.

Their robbing ba???rds aren't they. As if £55 a month isnt an enough for sub standard service and customer services in Bangladesh. This is in no way derogatory comment about other countries but I can't understand a word they say and very rarely get the problem resolved and just find myself shouting at them. Definatley leaving orange when contract is up

I haven't had the text yet but no doubt it's on the way. Lots of info and angry customers here

http://www.mobiletoday.co.uk/News/13341/Angry_customers_besige_Orange_after_major_price_hike.aspx

wonder if it will apply to T mobile customers ?

They have said

" Everything Everywhere had no plans to increase T-Mobile Pay Monthly prices this year, but she was unable to say if prices would increase next year or not."

:shaun:

im 3 months into a 2 year contract, but seeing as i only pay £15 a month and includes my home broadband its not worth kicking up a fuss

but as Billy says, i will make my feelings known upon renewal and see what they say.

If you follow the link in the text there's a bunch of FAQ's, amongst them:

Can i cancel my contract because you're increasing my monthly service charge?

No, our Pay Monthly terms and conditions allow us to increase our charges by up to the RPI figure in any 12 month period.

The increase in price plan charges is less than the 5.4% rate of inflation as measured by the RPI in October 2011.

We can increase prices at any time on giving proper notice. In this case, the increase is less than the rate of inflation and our terms and conditions state that we can do this without giving you the right to cancel your contract without paying the disconnection fee.

Given that the increase equates to £1.30/month on my £30/month (which hasn't increased in 8 years) i think i'll stay put.

Edited by Bad Monkey

I got my text today informing me of the price increase as of the 8th of January. I called them immediately and laughed at their face, saying that my contract ends on the 9th and I would of course ask for my PAC before that, so wanted to know what were they going to charge me. After shortly putting me on hold they came back and said they would not charge anything and they wanted to offer me a free iphone 4s on a £35 per month contract if I renew for 24 months. I told them I was not going to renew and that I would call in due time for my PAC.