Iran

margun

Anyone else a little concerned at what's going on with Iran? Relations between the UK and Iran are rapidly collapsing. William Hague has expelled all Iranian diplomats and demanded closure of the Iranian embassy in London within 48hrs in retaliation to the firebombing of our embassy in Tehran, in itself protest against further UK sanctions against Iran over the nuclear 'power' issue.

All of this combined with the nuclear issues, US and allied forces withdrawal from Afghanistan, Iraq etc and increasingly strong rhetoric from Israel, UK, US, Iran etc makes me wonder whether this is simply a fight waiting to happen. Not that we can afford another foreign war, but the whole 'WMDs, oil rich Islamic state' seems a bit familiar :no:

Sorry if the thread's 'bindun', but what are your thoughts on this?

-M

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Iran has been a fight waiting to happen for over 40 years...These camel Jockeys need a crisis every few years to get through life... if they are not fighting and killing their neigbours they are fighting and killing each other.

If they want to develop nuclear weapons let em get on with it..GB and Israel(America) are in no position to prevent it. I wouldnt be suprised if the Pentagon hasnt got enough Nuclear IBC's already trained on Iran ready to wipe em out at the blink of an eye.

To be honest Its the Chinese who worry me... like Ants and cant be destroyed no matter how big a foot stamps on them. If their economy collapses its going to be very interesting.. :yes:

Edited by Fisherman Mike

Iran has been a fight waiting to happen for over 40 years...These camel Jockeys need a crisis every few years to get through life... if they are not fighting and killing their neigbours they are fighting and killing each other.

This is very true and i dont think anything will change them.Israel will be the first to react in anger should they do something stupid closely followed by the US and the UK,but hopefully not with nukes.

Edited by Imperfection

If they want to develop nuclear weapons let em get on with it..GB and Israel(America) are in no position to prevent it. I wouldnt be suprised if the Pentagon hasnt got enough Nuclear IBC's already trained on Iran ready to wipe em out at the blink of an eye.

To be honest Its the Chinese who worry me... like Ants and cant be destroyed no matter how big a foot stamps on them. If their economy collapses its going to be very interesting.. :yes:

I'm with you there Mike... it's Oil & China that really worries me... once they realise that there isn't enough of the stuff left to enable their economy to keep growing at its current rate, they may well try and secure the supply... then it's the US vs China for the last few drops of the stuff..

I tell ya... planet earth is in for an intresting 50-100 years! whether we'll come out of the other end...... I'm glad I won't be around to witness it... feel sorry for my kids though!

I think Somalia may beat Iran to it (proper US intervention), the UN have already identified it as most likely needing international action on a similar scale to Iraq and Afghanistan plus the Chinese aren't backing Somalia like they are Iran. Anyway I digress...

At the risk of stating the obvious, surely the big issue with Iran is passing the necessary UN resolutions to initiate action. China won't buy into it and does the US administration have the stomach to go it alone again and in opposition to Beijing?

It's easy to suggest Israel won't suffer Iran achieving a nuclear weapons capability but is an Israeli led offensive practical both militarily and in terms of the grief it would cause in the region?

Seems to me that Britain and others are raising the pressure to try to exploit the in fighting occurring in Iran but I can't really see where that can lead. If that doesn't work and the capability is achieved then surely the pressure would be softened and it would be time for diplomacy.

History suggests that with the capability comes a fresh sense of responsibility. Time will tell. I don't know but could an Iranian capability actually increase stability in the region? Some might think so...

why don't we just leave Iran alone? the israelis have only been there since the 1940's and they seem to stir up alit of trouble.

I would be more concerned about America having nukes, after all they are the only country to use them in anger.

OMG don't go there here, start another thread on the legitimacy of Israel :lol: