Mossberg 500 pump action??

MM

Hiya, I had one for a while, a 500 AT, I found the LOP a bit short for me, I bought it for wildfowling, and foxing...and TBH, couldnt get on with the pump side of it,.it worked fine, it just wasnt for me... so stuck with my O/U...BUT have been trying various semi's, and going to buy one of those now..:)

BTW, Build quality was second to none, and the "noise" the action makes when you cycle a round is amazing.. :good: . Mibbes if I'd spent more time with it, I'd still have it..:)

Anybody had one of these? Whats the good and bad points? do they have any issues?

I have a Mossberg New Haven,3 shot pump with variable twist choke, which I think is also a "500" but I stand to be corrected. Lovely gun, just do not use it anymore, it is on sale in the trading post at £175, which I am informed is too cheap, but you cannot change the price once published (not if you have any morals).

If you are interested send me a PM

I have a mossberg A500 clect choke that I have had for 32 years it has never been in for a service you just put a bore snake through it dry it off when wet and occasionally a good clean with a bronze brush and mop.

works every time never had a reason to fault it and it is a gun that takes a lot of abuse without complaining.

It is now a toss up of whether I take the Mossberg or the Baikal mp153 both great guns in my opinion.

Sam

There can be an issue when cycling a short cartridge when the gun is pointed up at a steep angle. Apart from that it will rattle and clunk its way forever.

The 500 is a very cheap gun, but it works. In USA you get one free with a box of shells, alright, that's a slight exaggeration, but you get the drift. Over here they're not such a bargain.

If I had to choose one shotgun to take through the apocalypse it would probably be a 500.

There can be an issue when cycling a short cartridge when the gun is pointed up at a steep angle. Apart from that it will rattle and clunk its way forever.

The 500 is a very cheap gun, but it works. In USA you get one free with a box of shells, alright, that's a slight exaggeration, but you get the drift. Over here they're not such a bargain.

If I had to choose one shotgun to take through the apocalypse it would probably be a 500.

Mossberg 500 and the zombie apocalypse, made for each other :lol::good:

the mossberg 500 is the only shotgun that passed the USMC riot gun test (3000 shots of buck shot with no stop or cleaning) if it jams, mis-fires or falters its failed.

its the pump action gun of choice for most movies, used by lots of police forces in the states.....its the shotgun that also has the yellow foreend and stock and is used with the shotgun taser cartridges....as seen in the Raoul Moat stand off.....the taser shotgun that caused controversy

i fancy getting one......i dont know why, just never had a pump and they are cheap and reliable

I have a Mossberg New Haven,3 shot pump with variable twist choke, which I think is also a "500" but I stand to be corrected. Lovely gun, just do not use it anymore, it is on sale in the trading post at £175, which I am informed is too cheap, but you cannot change the price once published (not if you have any morals).

If you are interested send me a PM

If it's the same as the one i've just sold (at the stupid price of £165 !!,as it was for sale for three months.) it's a 600AT,grear shotgun,never a problem. :good:

Alan :)

Edited by willy1

I've got a Mossberg 500 12 Gauge, picked it up for £300 and was in mint condition and I feel I shoot better with it than my Beretta 682 O/U :lol: Although you do get a few funny looks at the clay ground :hmm: , especially when you whoop everyone else :shifty:

I would never get rid of it as it has never jammed ect and is nice and light which is good if you are out shootin' pigeons ect. The clincher for me was the noise the action makes when you cycle it over - Love it!

12 Gauge Dave :xmas:

I love mine and took it to the mgf this year to do the clays with, half way round some miserable being from behind piped up "he would hit more if he wasn't having to rack it" I was hitting just over 50% which I was happy with and was enjoying myself, when I turned round and looked at him he was a right miserable looking bloke and then I realised my gun was making me smile and allowing me to enjoy what I was doing where as his over and under clearly didn't help him enjoy his round ! I figure it was his loss, may be he should have some good clean safe fun with a pump rather than a over and under and a face like a slapped . . . . .