new wellies

besty57

hi all.i am in the market for some new wellies.and have narrowed my choice down to two makes.

first choice would be aigle parcours iso open,second choice hunter balmoral neoprene.i know theres about £ 40 difference between them both.has anybody had any of the above any pros and cons to them.any other makes any good .ive had muck boots and they only lasted about 18 months :huh:

ps.dont want to spend silly money, max £130 :unsure:

cheers

alan

I know of four pairs of Hunter Balmorals to be faulty. They were the Bamboo/Carbon model but the faults were all on the outside.

I am currently in a pair of Ebay neoprene cheapos and so far so good for £25.

Just bought the wife a pair of HSF Neoprene for Christmas and I may try them next. They look like a Chinese copy of Le Cham but I could be wrong.

JF

Been looking myself and was going for chameaus or aigle but the musto holmsdales look really good for 120, chameaus are 150 for a similiar boot and think the neoprene in the mustos is thicker.

Also at present if you buy them from sportsmanguncentre you get a free clyde shooting suit worth 170! Not sure what the suit is like but the boots look good.

Edited by Dibs

I was after some wellies not long ago, after being recommended the muck boots I got some, as I thought the le chameaus was to expensive for te odd muddy field claying and walking the dog. I must say they are very comfy, rather toasty and still look like new even tho I've covered a few miles in them. I'd recommend them to anyone, don't no about how long they will last but I presume by how they wear quite a while, I think the sole will be first to wear out tho.

I was after some wellies not long ago, after being recommended the muck boots I got some, as I thought the le chameaus was to expensive for te odd muddy field claying and walking the dog. I must say they are very comfy, rather toasty and still look like new even tho I've covered a few miles in them. I'd recommend them to anyone, don't no about how long they will last but I presume by how they wear quite a while, I think the sole will be first to wear out tho.

yeah ive got the muck boot esk.they split across the back seam just above the ankle.so dont fancy spending another 70 quid on something that lasts 18 month or so

alan

yeah ive got the muck boot esk.they split across the back seam just above the ankle.so dont fancy spending another 70 quid on something that lasts 18 month or so

alan

Ah I paid 48 delivered for the Avon type which I thought was good. 18 months out of them isn't bad. I'll more then likely of ruined them or the dog will of chewed them by that sort of time

Been looking myself and was going for chameaus or aigle but the musto holmsdales look really good for 120, chameaus are 150 for a similiar boot and think the neoprene in the mustos is thicker.

Also at present if you buy them from sportsmanguncentre you get a free clyde shooting suit worth 170! Not sure what the suit is like but the boots look good.

Is that right you spend 120 to 150 and you get a free 170 pound suit free????

I would reckon you'll be lucky to see a discount on wells in winter mate, January sales or no January sales! Still, if you're in no rush to buy there's no harm in waiting, unless the snow starts and they all sell out!

For what is worth I splurged on Le Cham Vierzonords yesterday - for a man that spent the last decade ridiculing anyone that paid more than £20 on wellies that's some accolade. Comfiest pair of boots I've ever put on.

Best of luck.

Greg