Ceasar Guerina Summit Impact

kdubya

Ive had one about a year now and like it alot. The only issue is that there is great temptation to fiddle with the adjustments to trigger, rib, stock and balance if you have the kinetic balancer installed. I had the balancer but have recently removed. The recoil is very well controlled without the balancer and for me I like the balance abit ahead of the hinge pin and I could not get this right even with the balancer in the most forward position so I took it out. My advice is to set it up then shoot it for 6 months before you change anything. Let me know if I can help further.

Get one Keith you might make c class with it lol.

Only kidding mate, they look lovely guns but been a few reports of lack of longevity with the Guerinis , especially from Americas shooters. I seriously considered one last year when buying a new gun but the price was the same as beretta i also looked at second hand DT 10's and Blasers but both makes had done too much in my price range so I bought a new 682, if I had more to spend I would have gone for the F1 pro.With the DT11 hitting the dealers shelves might be some bargains soon on the DT10s.

What happened to the DT 10 you were after.

ATB figgy

Get one Keith you might make c class with it lol.

Only kidding mate, they look lovely guns but been a few reports of lack of longevity with the Guerinis , especially from Americas shooters. I seriously considered one last year when buying a new gun but the price was the same as beretta i also looked at second hand DT 10's and Blasers but both makes had done too much in my price range so I bought a new 682, if I had more to spend I would have gone for the F1 pro.With the DT11 hitting the dealers shelves might be some bargains soon on the DT10s.

What happened to the DT 10 you were after.

ATB figgy

DT 10? Peter is after one so that's me out of the arms race, seriously I like the principle and the look of the summit impact, its quirky like me, and functional like me, so again like me it should be good at its job :lol: :lol: and perhaps just perhaps it might just push me to the next level ;) plus I have had my share of beretta my 682 gold e works well but everyone has one ( yes I know that means they work)

cheers KW

Ive had one about a year now and like it alot. The only issue is that there is great temptation to fiddle with the adjustments to trigger, rib, stock and balance if you have the kinetic balancer installed. I had the balancer but have recently removed. The recoil is very well controlled without the balancer and for me I like the balance abit ahead of the hinge pin and I could not get this right even with the balancer in the most forward position so I took it out. My advice is to set it up then shoot it for 6 months before you change anything. Let me know if I can help further.

thanks for that very helpfull :good:

KW

Take a day trip to the people who are selling them, great service by all accounts and you can try loads of them then pick the nicest one.

Don't forget to move up a level requires mastering reverse lead.

Peter will want the DT 11 as its the new fangled flash one no good having the old one now.

ATB figgy

The Guerini range are good guns, I have a summit and I feel it has a certain X factor. One cautionary tale, for us who must buy via the UK importers, Guerini Guns UK, DO NOT!!!!! I will reapeat that DO NOT!!!!!! expect much of an aftersales service from Mr Mansfield :yp: and co, you WILL NOT GET IT!!!! :no: and you will need that aftersales service because the first thing that will happen is the finish on the comb will deteriorate quite quickly. :yes: BTW Anglo Italian Arms is the same company both of which are the sole importers of the Fabarm range into the UK. OH for a Wes Lang here!!!

Well Gordon R Indeed and I have a story to tell, a story of lies and deception :sly: . I have to say firstly that I have a Summit Sporting, 12g, 32" and I am shooting as well with this gun as I feel I can shoot, in a phrase, it's better than me, if it ever causes me to miss a single clay disc then I'll get rid of it, it never will of course. I'm not a trap shooter but I have had a go on DTL and ABT with it, see the clay, point in the general direction, 'bang' and most times the clay crunches. Guerinis have a known problem, the oil based finish on the stocks is suspect, after a short time, (in my case a couple of months) it will probably dull in places, I've heard of some stocks developing whitish spots although mine didn't. Guerini know about this and if you contact them they have a fix. The problem is you have to get Mansfield to reply to your emails, in my case after several emails and months he never did, I resorted to contacting Italy who took me a bit more seriously. The fix meant me sending my stock to Guerini UK for refinishing and since I don't trust them I won't do it. there is an other issue regarding Guerini UK, a much more serious issue when the real treachery started but I won't go into it. having said all that I still think the basic Guerini gun is sound and well made using good materials BUT it shoots just like a Beretta 682 Gold E, costs something similar but will devalue like a Lada Riva by comparison. Unless you have mega bucks to buy a P or a K then stick to a Browning/Miroku or Beretta, you just cannot go wrong with them. If you like the Italian feel then it has to be a Beretta, if you want one of the best made guns in the world then it has to be Browning/Miroku. As far as Mr Mansfield is concerned I'd like to stick the cold end of a red hot poker where the sun don't shine :o . Our American cousins have a much better set-up with a decent after sales service which is probably why Guerinis have taken off there in a way they never will here. :no:

When we make a purchase we all should know the upsides and downsides. All I can say is i've recently bought a Caesar Guerini Maxum 20 bore. I paid under 3k for it. I've shot comparable Beretta's and Browning's in this price bracket and the Guerini is better built, handles better and I have a no quibbles guarantee. That's my opinion. Guns are a personal thing, but i'm delighted I bought one.

All oil finished stocks need a little maintenance now and again this http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?f=122&t=141155 is from the Guerini forum on Shotgunworld.

If you want a easy to look after gun buy one with a varnish or lacquer finish. The stock on my Blaser is oil finished but I try not to shoot in the rain because I know what will happen.

All oil finished stocks need a little maintenance now and again this http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?f=122&t=141155 is from the Guerini forum on Shotgunworld.

If you want a easy to look after gun buy one with a varnish or lacquer finish. The stock on my Blaser is oil finished but I try not to shoot in the rain because I know what will happen.

True Blaserf3, my Guerini has an oil based varnish type of finish not oiled wood as developes it's lusture over many years, the manufactures say use boiled linseed oil to maintain the finish but I reckon it's that which was removing the waxy shine on the comb (it won't come back) and anyway the lacquer type finish has sealed the wood, oil will no longer penetrate. A Blaser is a definate possibility for the future. As a Guerini shooter I find myself an unpaid sales executive for our importer, I cannot tell lies about the gun it is a goodin but I think I'll turn my back on the marque for reasons I have not mentioned.