The Journey Has Begun

Iced Tiger

Well thats the application for the shot gun certificate posted today, now comes the wait for the inspection. What sort of questions do the inspection officers normally ask ??? .

The gun safe looks half empty with only my air rifles in it, will be like xmas all over again :xmas: if the certificate is granted, I can go shopping :good: . Going to book a clay lesson in the New Year to introduce me to the art of handling a shot gun and breaking clays. :yes:

They interview is a very informal afair, by the time it reaches this point the police would of done most if not all their background checks. They could ask why

you want a shotgun, they also asked me what experiance I have already had shooting and where. He was very happy about have lessons and been safety briefed about gun handling.

What they can do is advise if they have any security concerns about the house, say like a door thats not very secure. If they have not previously inspected your cabinate they will inpect it and its location.

They also went through my medical history as it was like a shopping list of illnesses. Mine asked about keeping 20 and 12 bore cartidges and why its best to store them seperately.

Don't forget the tea / coffee and biscuits as some will say.

they will ask you some strange questions, but you have to be honest with them. just tell him what your favorite ice cream is before he asks, and dont get flustered when he asks to see a picture of your sister. Tell him you DONT wear your slippers in the garden, as this one caught me out. Brazil is your favorite holiday destination, and you bathe in milk. You must remeber all of these, as they are standard questions. When he makes the 'monkey noise', the correct response is to go and sit on his knee. Follow these, and you will be fine. :good:

they will ask you some strange questions, but you have to be honest with them. just tell him what your favorite ice cream is before he asks, and dont get flustered when he asks to see a picture of your sister. Tell him you DONT wear your slippers in the garden, as this one caught me out. Brazil is your favorite holiday destination, and you bathe in milk. You must remeber all of these, as they are standard questions. When he makes the 'monkey noise', the correct response is to go and sit on his knee. Follow these, and you will be fine. :good:

:lol::good:

don't forget the lube

seriously, be yourself, don't try any flannel, most of the problems people complain about feo's for is usually down to the feo sussing them out to be a total b/ser or halfwit.they are not stupid. if you have any questions for him then don't be afraid to ask, he's a human bean just like you afterall.

good luck

seriously, be yourself, don't try any flannel, most of the problems people complain about feo's for is usually down to the feo sussing them out to be a total b/ser or halfwit.they are not stupid. if you have any questions for him then don't be afraid to ask, he's a human bean just like you afterall.

good luck

Nearly spat my coffee out when I read that! :lol: :lol:

As above, just be yourself, prepare a few relevant questions and listen to what they have to say. Up to you if you heed them or not. Talk to as many people as you can, shoot with as many people as you can and you will soon be able to make an informed decision on gun choice and direction. I wish you as happy and interesting a shooting career as i have had. I came late in life to shooting and have since taken up deerstalking, pigeon shooting [roost and decoying], lamping rabbits and foxes, and recently tried wildfowling for the first time, I love it all, so does the dog! I think you are right in having lessons as this will stop any bad habits forming and give you a solid base for all aspects of shooting. You will make some good friends and gather some great memories, all the best and happy christmas, moorman.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...